Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yikes! A "Yelp" like app will allow you to rate people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The immense backlash across every form of media known to man has made them walk back on it and remove the ability to leave negative comments entirely. They still don't grasp the problem though and seem immune to irony given that numerous strangers on the internet are judging them and their intentions.

The best case scenario at this point is its all an elaborate hoax ;p

Comment

And now the peeple site has disappeared. Julia Cordray, the brains behind this, has made a linkedin blog post basically retracting everything that's been said about people signing you up without your permission. Apparently, nothing will be posted without your approval now.

I'm starting to think this was all some publicity stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
        Which means they can still talk shit about you just by leaving a 3 or higher rating. I've seen yelp and amazon reviews where they lambasted the the business/product but left a good rating (and vice versa).

Not that this was ever a good idea to begin. Encouraging other people to create profiles for your average Joe is asking for trouble. I can't believe those delusional morons who came up with this idea actually think that it will be primarly used for for good.
        I actually did exactly this when I was selling stuff on ebay. Sellers weren't able to leave negative feedback, so I gave him positive feedback, but in my actual comments wrote that he was a non-paying bidder.

Comment

Working...
        X