Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindu woman dies after being denied an abortion because "this is a Catholic country"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
      These people have no shame.
      I'm less concerned by their lack of shame than I am by their lack of facts.

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      To be fair, from that side's point of view neither that sign nor its placement is anything to be ashamed of.
      When the anti-abortionist crowd can be bothered to do some actual investigation into the root causes of abortion, I can be bothered to take them seriously.

But I guess they don't need facts when they have faith on their side
      Customer: I need an Apache.
      Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
          When the anti-abortionist crowd can be bothered to do some actual investigation into the root causes of abortion, I can be bothered to take them seriously.
          Even having the facts doesn't always stop them. This is probably a tenuous leap at best, but here's how I end up seeing the logic of the reasons abortions are conducted through the eyes of a rabid anti-abortionist.

The contraceptive failed: We should ban the contraceptives since they clearly don't work,
          Girls shouldn't be using those contraceptives anyway, they give you <insert health problem here-some can raise the RISK of particular problems, but they aren't the cause of it>
          She's an idiot for not knowing how to use it correctly!
          We should raise the age at which contraceptives can be purchased, then teenagers won't have sex!

Rape: She asked for it. Even if she was dressed up in a burqa.
          Her partner can raise the child, give it to him when she gives birth.

Fetal life: The doctor is making up excuses, there are plenty of cases where something has come up as fatal in the womb, but the baby has survived outside the womb.

Maternal health: The age of viability can be as low as 22-24 weeks. Why not keep her in hospital until then? Then she can have a C-section and we can keep it in intensive care!

economic/social reasons: She should've kept her legs shut.

Comment

Look, I am as pro-life as they come pretty much (I've read/seen how the procedure is done and I simply cannot say in good conscience that killing an innocent unborn child in such a brutal fashion, especially if the baby can feel pain is a-okay), but that situation was pretty messed up. I am under the belief that both mother and baby are both patients and should be treated as such. Doctors have a sworn duty to "do no harm". In the above case, if the baby was pretty much done for, and/or the mother's life was in danger by continuing the pregnancy, then yes aborting the baby may sadly have to be done (as a matter of "self defense in a way").

I do mostly identify myself as a pro-lifer though I do differ somewhat in terms of how the religious (especially Catholic) elements see it. For example, I believe that ALL available tools should be used to ensure that abortion is as unnecessary as possible, abstinence, condoms, birth control, whatever. And as for the recent Supreme Court decision I more than welcome gay adoption, as I have no doubt a lot of those children might have otherwise ended up aborted or in bad abusive homes or whatnot. I'll take "Heather Has Two Mommies" over Heather getting aborted any day!

EDIT: I didn't realize this topic was two years old, I guess I must've clicked on its link and got sidetracked or something; sorry!
            Last edited by Estil; 06-28-2015, 01:00 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

If you have something to add, go ahead We don't autoclose threads here.

Rapscallion
              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
              X