You didn't convince me so you lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't convince me so you lose

I was in an argument with a person. I failed to make them see well what I would consider to be reason.

I tried to make it clear that A=A not A=B, C, D or any other number of combinations where two similar but different things can be swapped out and apply.

Instead of doing what I normally do and "agreeing to disagree" or any other number of ways of ending the argument they declared me the loser and my opinion clearly invalid since I hadn't convinced them of it.

I blocked them because seriously? That seems really childish to me. Sure I want to make the other person understand my POV and if they come around to agreeing with it that would be great. However it's not a win/loss situation.

Either we agree or we don't. There's no scoreboard my opinions don't all become invalid because "I lost"

I feel like that's what it's meant to imply if you declare one person the loser of the argument.

If this were a debate where the two of us had been trying to convince an impartial judge then yes winner or loser. Trying to convince each other. No one wins.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X