There's a Fork in the Road Keep Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a Fork in the Road Keep Moving

In one week will be my 36th birthday. I am broke living with family and have, had, no future.

No there's a fork in the road. A huge one.

A custodian position at one of the local high schools opened up. These are not the kind of jobs that open often decent government job with a decent wage. It's a long term job that could take good care of me. It will be hard work and I applied.

It's not the only path though.

The second one is the result of ten years of busting my ass in call centers. While friends did college, marriage etc. I busted my ass.

Today a Shipping Brokerage firm with a good reputation and a legit job possibility contacted me to tell me about the job and told me flat out asked me to apply. Normally they prefer a college degree but they will make an exception and are making one for me. The base pay is 10 grand more a year than I have ever made.

After 5 months I would get commissions from the accounts I create and manage. Basically I would be Jim Halpert from the office.

It's in the city I grew up in. An old friend is willing to put me up for 2-3 months until I can get a place with my pay. Earnings potential for the job is up at 100,000 for a guy who dropped out of college that's Wow.

But I know who I would be. I would be a shark. I always have had that side of myself. I probably deep down know what I should do but for the first time in a long time. I have hope, I have respect, I have dignity.

Either job offers a good life but a very different life. I don't have anyone in my life right now that restricts where I live. My daughter will be close to where I live no matter which place I choose.

I guess my question is what you guys do? How would you decide? What would be your deciding factor.

What's important here?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I'm just seeing this now (haven't been back in Fratching for long). What did you decide?
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
    X