Romance Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romance Movies

I hate romance movies only not really. I love romance movies but that's the problem.

As a couple my parents were horrible people. If they weren't saying unforgivably horrible things to each other they were ignoring each other with a very small percentage of being lovey dovey.

My ex-best friend was a toxic person that was a passive aggressive asshole to every single girl he ever dated.

My other best friend has been in one shitty relationship after another. I have little to no skills when it comes to dating or relationships.

The reason I hate romance movies all ties into this. According to every romance movie I have seen one of my friends should have dated me by now. I know she doesn't want to and I know there is some X-Factor I can't put a name to that keeps me from popping up on her romantic radar.

However she always compares the guys she dates or wants to date to me. Not with prompting or me fishing for it or anything. More things like,

"The only one other than him that wouldn't get mad at me for calling in the middle of the night is you" "He reminds me a lot of you" etc.

This is the real world and I know she wants to be with him. But according to every romance movie I should be the one she's with and it's fucking me up.

It physically hurts to know that the woman I love will never love me back. That she will always want this other guy. And Romance Movies will keep telling me it should be me.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X