Selfish Brides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I agree with Lace. I'm sorry what the etiquette experts say, but they obviously aren't from podunk farmville Wisconsin. Free beer or drink with dinner is fine, but I will not let people get trashed at my wedding on my dime. I'm hell bent on forbidding anyone from getting drunk because I've seen some weddings just go the wrong way when guests or bridal party members drink too much.
    Problem with banning drink completely is that everyone will rush off afterwards, as in my brother's wedding. Tho, my uncle had a hipflask so he was alright. XD

That's why I think a charge bar would be fine; if someone wants to get trashed, they do so on their own money.

As for dresses; I'd personally change out of my wedding dress and into a funky party dress. For one thing, whatever venue it is, it'll be boiling hot and no place to wear a long dress. O_o
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

People rushing off is no problem at all, the time saved by keeping on schedule can be put to more important things... like wedding night sex
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

If somebody considers boozing it up more important than celebrating with me and my fiance, then they're welcome to leave...more food for the rest of us. Besides, obviously I wasn't that important to them in the first place if I lose out to a margarita.

Comment

That's your opinion; mine is that if you don't lay on anything for your guests, then don't expect them to bother to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            There's no sex the night of the wedding. Everyone...Everyone I've talked to says that you're far too tired to be bothered.
            Too tired to have sex with my now-husband?

Not at all.

Our connection with each other was the most important part of the day.

When we started getting tired (around midnight, I think), we excused ourselves from the reception and went to the honeymoon suite.

I was told the same nonsense from friends about being "too exhausted" on your wedding night to consummate the marriage, and I'm so glad we didn't listen.

Comment

There's no sex the night of the wedding. Everyone...Everyone I've talked to says that you're far too tired to be bothered.
              Oh, please. My wedding night was quite enjoyable.

Exception here is if you're part of the 3% of people who are actually virgins on their wedding day. (Then, hey, it'll only take a minute anyway.)
              As a part of said demographic, call I can say is: All. Night.

Comment

What if the whole point is to get people to leave early? I'd love to see quite a few people that I'd be guilted into inviting leave as early as possible to go get trashed elsewhere.

I don't want to even imagine wanting to leave, other guests wanting to leave, and having to babysit or kick someone out because they want to keep partying.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  What if the whole point is to get people to leave early? I'd love to see quite a few people that I'd be guilted into inviting leave as early as possible to go get trashed elsewhere.

I don't want to even imagine wanting to leave, other guests wanting to leave, and having to babysit or kick someone out because they want to keep partying.
                  If the only way to get you to invite them is to guilt you...don't invite them. They don't deserve it.

And if someone is staying after literally everyone is leaving, including you guys, he/she can just be thrown out like any other place would.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Just say, "OK, now who wants to help clean up?" and watch the latebies rush out the door in a body. XD

Comment

I like the way you think, Lace.

Comment

And if any stay, well, you've got clean up detail. XD So it's win win.

Comment

After reading all this and living through my daughter's wedding this past spring elloping looks like a better decision. My wife and I in effect elloped and our wedding cost less than $100 and that included the license, preacher and meal at the Smoky Mountain Pancake House (that's where she wanted to eat.) We had to wait until after 4pm to have sex as that's the earliest we could check into the hotel and she wasn't up for having her first time in the back seat or behind a bush in the park.

My middle daughter started out a bridzilla but I put the stop on that when I cut off the money and she and her young man had to pay for the rest. Their wedding was still very elaborate and expensive but the enjoyed it. Her wedding was to be dry but her in-laws (out-laws would be more appropriate) brought their own and to the person they got hammered. Her FIL was trying to start fights so I have him some options leave (without the car), go to jail, get locked up in the smoke house or I could just shoot him and get it all over with. He choose the smoke house. I've met the SIL family twice and both times they got hammered. From what I've been told his whole family are drunks, fortunatly he abstains.

My oldest daughter returns from A-stan next month and it getting married to a PK in May. I told her we'd give her the same amount of money as her sister but she said what she's planning will cost a lot less than that amount.
                          Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

I wasn't too tired...it was just, erm, that time of the month for me. It's a curse in my family, I swear.... At least I made sure my husband got to have some fun, and we did it properly as soon as possible.

Comment

It's been a while since I've been to a wedding, thankfully I haven't experienced any bridezilla moments or anything of the like. The funniest thing that happened was when one of the male guests came in the reception hall donning the bride's veil and her bouquet. XD After reading all these bridezilla/wedding horror stories, it's safe to say that it makes me almost want to elope. Though I don't want to deprive myself and my father the experience of walking his first born daughter down the aisle (that is if I get married before my little sisters do...hey ya never know). Dunno if SO wants a dry reception or cash bar (we're not big drinkers), but either works for me. From what I've heard a lot of people had their weddings with sit down dinners, but my friend K and her husband S had a buffet dinner for their wedding and they got their cake at Sam's Club...sans fondant! The cake was incredibly delicious and wasn't sickly sweet and the food was great. As for wedding night sex, despite what most people say, I don't see me and SO being too tired for wedding night sex.
                              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                              X