Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a [whatever] without a [common letter] in it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Hero View Post
    Fucking dumb! The most cliched dog's name, Fido, doesn't have that letter.
    Don't forget Spot, Rex, or Rover, too. Probably four of the most stereotypical dog names.
    "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
    TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Rin-Tin-Tin, Benji, Cujo, Odie, Snoopy, Boomer…
      "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
        I kind of want to do the opposite. Something like:

Find an English word that contains the letter "Ƿ," "Ȝ," "Þ," "Ð," "Æ," or "Œ."
        thorn e =) [no idea how to make a thorn.]
        aethelmark, aethelred, aether
        you forgot yodh [you know, Ye Olde Shoppe]

don't challenge a medieval recreationist with this =)

Comment

Originally posted by accountingdrone View Post
          þ

alt+0222
          "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
          TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by AccountingDrone View Post
            aethelmark, aethelred, aether
            you forgot yodh [you know, Ye Olde Shoppe]

don't challenge a medieval recreationist with this =)
            I tried to look up "yodh" and all I found were articles about an old Semitic/Phoenician letter. Though I've also been lead to believe that those letters, respectively, were "wynn," "yogh," "thorn," "eth," "ash," and "ethel." As in:
            Originally posted by Beowulf
            "Hƿæt! Ƿē Gār-Dena in ġeār-dagum, þēod-cyninga, þrym ġefrūnon, hū ðā æþelingas ellen fremedon.
            Oft Scyld Scēfing sceaþena þrēatum, monegum mǣġþum, meodosetla oftēah, egsode eorlas. Syððan ǣrest ƿearð fēasceaft funden, hē þæs frōfre ġebād, ƿēox under ƿolcnum, ƿeorðmyndum þāh, oðþæt him ǣġhƿylc þāra ymbsittendra ofer hronrāde hȳran scolde, gomban gyldan. Þæt ƿæs gōd cyning!"
            (Of course several of those letters are accessed through Unicode which not every device supports.)
            "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
              I tried to look up "yodh" and all I found were articles about an old Semitic/Phoenician letter. Though I've also been lead to believe that those letters, respectively, were "wynn," "yogh," "thorn," "eth," "ash," and "ethel." As in:

(Of course several of those letters are accessed through Unicode which not every device supports.)
              You are correct it is yogh =) As with pretty much everything, if you don't practice a skill it gets rusty and I haven't worked with transliterating manuscripts in about 8 years =)

Comment

Working...
              X