Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OTHER government body that likes to tear families apart....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is this understanding that you do not get to do anything you want with your child.
    Oh yeah? If your kid is sick, you will want to do whatever it takes. Like this family below:

CPS tries to take a child because her parents gave her cannabis oil

Girl has epilepsy. Doctors recommended a drug - Keppra - that has side effects worse than the condition it's designed to treat, one of which is "inability to cope with daily life." What the hell? I think I would suffer through the epilepsy!

Abridged version:

Parents decide to try a version of cannabis oil known as "charlotte's web." It works, basically no more seizures. They mention the cannabis oil to her doctors. Scumbag doctor calls CPS who make a house call. Piece of shit CPS worker tells the parents, "Well we won't prohibit you from continuing the use of cannabis oil but if you don't start giving her Keppra we'll take her from you!" Parents don't want to lose their daughter so they give her Keppra. Soon after, she starts experiencing nasty side effects to the point where they needed to bring her to the hospital. They took her off Keppra and CPS did back off, but family is in constant fear that they are going to try to get involved again... for doing what is best for their daughter.

In this case, did CPS really have the best interest in the child? No, they didn't. If you really think so, that says more about you than them.

BTW: If anyone says "but CPS was called because Cannabis is illegal to give to a child in Indiana!" they are missing the point I am trying to make.... and they can fuck off.
    Last edited by HEMI6point1; 08-17-2018, 01:06 AM.
    AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Comment

I think you might be the one missing the point, actually. Nobody's saying CPS are perfect. It may even be true that an entire CPS department is corrupt (here i'm including "abuse of power" in corruption, not just taking bribes.) however, that doesn't (inherently) mean you can generalise that to claim that all of CPS is inherently corrupt.

don't get me wrong, there probably does need to be better oversight of CPS- there are far too many bad apples. However, the solution is to root out the bad apples- not for CPS to "butt out" as you've suggested before.

In the case you've given, it's less that charlotte's web is illegal (it's not- it's got less than 0.3% THC in, so it's considered an industrial hemp product.) it's more that officially, it's only legal to take as a dietary supplement, so CPS were probably claiming the kid wasn't being treated for the epilepsy. I agree they should have dropped the issue though, since it should have been clear the parents weren't ignoring the epilepsy, which was the actual concern.

Comment

Oh yeah? If your kid is sick, you will want to do whatever it takes. Like this family below:
        Why not exorcisms then. Or anointing in oils. How about st. john's wort. Oh what about an old favorite homeopathy. There is a line.

And this is another article where we see its not CPS acting on their own. It's a team of doctors who contacted CPS. Because we don't know why the doctors felt the need to do that, we are only left with what the parents say is the cause.

So first

Jaelah and Jade found such an alternative treatment by searching online, where they learned about cannabis oil
        *eye rolling*

In March, Indiana legalized low-THC cannabidiol oil as long as it meets requirements regarding labeling and THC percentage, according to the Indianapolis Star. However, the state’s law doesn’t allow its use for children with the rare form of epilepsy. Believing the oil to be completely legal for Jaelah, Lelah and Jade excitedly told doctors in September about the success of the treatment.
        This is from; https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...wor/310433002/

At the time of the CPS caseworkers' visit, Attorney General Curtis Hill had yet to issue an opinion on the legality of CBD oil. Since then, he's said the substance is illegal under current Indiana law.
        So yes, using a 'dietary supplement' of uncontrolled quality, of questionable legality. To treat symptoms that it only has had preliminary studies for. Because you read good things about it on the internet. Then not give the prescribed medication, because your afraid of the worst case side effects. For a 1 year old...

Yea that's going to raise a few eyebrows.

Comment

The Cannabis oil was WORKING!

Please remember that doctors probably insisted that the child take keppra because they are beholden to Big Pharma to sell their dangerous crap.

It's not just that, however.

Despite stories of people with cancer going into remission after taking taking Cannabis Oil, CPS is threatening parents with removal if they don't give their children the poison known as Chemotheropy: See here for an example.

I have done plenty of research on this subject to know that Cannabis Oil is better at killing off cancer than the poison known as Chemotheropy. This mother was fed up with Chemo screwing up her son so she give him Cannabis Oil and guess what? In remission without all the harmful side effects of the poison the doctors wanted to give him. Sadly, doctors actually reported her to CPS.... for the "crime" of not using Chemo. Probably because they missed out on that Big Pharma money by the mom refusing to use it.

This story contains an update: See here.

From the news article:

Landon now looks healthier and is feeling much better, but in a letter posted online Sierra wrote, “They want to take away my son because I am refusing chemo!”
          Fucking pricks. I swear, most of these CPS workers need to be beaten up for the shit they put these parents through.

If you still believe that CPS had the right to bully the mother into giving the child Chemo even though the Cannabis oil was working, you either a) work for CPS and are brainwashed, b) work in an organization where you have to kiss their ass, c) are shilling for them (or Big Pharma), or d) just a person that feels some scummy alphabet agency can continue bullying parents into telling them how to raise their kids, in which case you can kick rocks.

PS: On a related note, here is a story of a man who initially believed the lies of doctors beholden to Big Pharma and ended up in hospice. He ended up going "fuck it what do I have to lose" and started ingesting Cannabis Oil, in this case a version known as Phoenix Tears. He is now cancer free.
          Last edited by HEMI6point1; 08-19-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

The Cannabis oil was WORKING!

Please remember that doctors probably insisted that the child take keppra because they are beholden to Big Pharma to sell their dangerous crap.
            So says the parents.... I have also heard that prayer working, on and that the pope touching a child was in the news recently.

I have done plenty of research on this subject to know that Cannabis Oil is better at killing off cancer than the poison known as Chemotheropy. This mother was fed up with Chemo screwing up her son so she give him Cannabis Oil and guess what? In remission without all the harmful side effects of the poison the doctors wanted to give him. Sadly, doctors actually reported her to CPS.... for the "crime" of not using Chemo. Probably because they missed out on that Big Pharma money by the mom refusing to use it.
            What in the ever loving hell?!? Cannabis Oil is not some wonder cure for every condition. It works ok against Epilepsy. It has less side effects then other meds, but is not as good at preventing them. We have always known that Cannabis proteins effect the nervous system especially the brain. This is not news. It just comes down to do you want to take the medication that when its dialed in works 98% of the time and has some uncomfortable side effects. Or take something else that works 45% of the time but no side effects. You will be seeing Epidiolex (CBD) used to treat Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome. Unfortuanly the dosing gudielines state for good reasons why a 2 year old cant have it.
            https://www.fda.gov/downloads/adviso.../ucm604736.pdf

What is news is that if you have cancer and you take this stuff you will get better. And its this huge conspiracy is keeping it out of every ones hands. Because reasons. And this is true in every industrialized country in the world. Because vast medical conspiracy and such.

The heart of this is that people believe that cancer is one disease. So therefore should have a straightforward single cure. Cancer is many, many diseases crammed into one designation. Heart cancer is different from brain. Different cancers have different growths and structures. Therefore the treatments are very different. Some cancers are very dangerous, and require immediate action because the form that cancer takes. some are slow and plodding, and if found early can be dealt with minimum complications.

But one chemical works on all cancers because 'magic' is complete and utter bullshit. And it pisses me off because it puts this false hope into people. So there is some science behind what CBD can do. Just not every cell type in those organs. CBD is very good at reliving the symptoms of cancer treatment (Straight THC is better but you takes what you can get). So you take a traditional cancer treatment, and then something to relieve the symptoms and when you do go into remission you might give credit to the CBD.

In high enough concentration it is toxic to cells. And it does directly bind with cells that have Cannabinoid receptors. Brain cells have the most. But you find them in immune cells, heart lung and liver cells as well. So in a basic level it could have an effect on cancer cells of those types. This has not been observed to work in any controlled environment.

But what bout all those people who got better off CBD and free of cancer. Try anything, and if this happens... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312698/ OMG it was the CBD.

So when you get parents who are like, lets try this remedy. Over something that does work. And if they are wrong (most likely are) and the childs life is at stake. Yea call CPS.

Comment

So when you get parents who are like, lets try this remedy. Over something that does work. And if they are wrong (most likely are) and the childs life is at stake. Yea call CPS.
              Then how to you explain the child going into remission and cancer free after the mom fed him cannabis oil? The child's life wasn't at stake, in fact it was improved. There was no need for that scumbag doctor to call CPS.

It appears based on the nature of your response that you are shilling for Big Pharma and also see no problem with CPS trying to destroy families because some piece of shit social worker thinks he/she knows everything about how to raise a child.

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
                It appears based on the nature of your response that you are shilling for Big Pharma
                From the nature of your responses you seem to not understand or know where Big Pharma comes from.

Here's the thing all of the medicines we have now started as "herbal remedies" after centuries of research we found ways to synthesize the active ingredients in those herbal remedies and make them better.

People arguing against "Big Pharma" are just like people arguing against surgery, GMOs or any other more effective version of an earlier less efficient method.

You might as well say that amputation should always be practiced instead of "Big Surgery" because Amputation is older and so must be the better method.

If Cannabis Oil is really as effective on EVERYONE as you claim it is then soon it will be synthesized and sold by Big Pharma as a more effective solution. However not until sufficient research is done to reasonably prove this to be the case.

Pharmaceutical companies exist because we like more effective medicine.

Personally I don't leave my health in the hands of anecdotal evidence. This is why I don't have a high cholesterol diet and five pack of cigarettes a day habit because someone's grandfather lived to be 100 that way.
                Jack Faire
                Friend
                Father
                Smartass

Comment

If Cannabis Oil is really as effective on EVERYONE as you claim it is then soon it will be synthesized and sold by Big Pharma as a more effective solution. However not until sufficient research is done to reasonably prove this to be the case.
                  Cannabis is a plant, you can't patent it thus no money for pharmaceutical companies.

The reason why there isn't sufficient research is because cannabis is still on the DEA schedule 1 list, once prohibition is lifted once and for all (It really should be) actual "research" can be done on it. Until then, it's only done via small-scale independent studies.

Besides, if pharmaceutical companies really wanted to harness the power of Cannabis than why do so many of them make "donations" to politicians and causes that are anti-legalization?

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
                    Cannabis is a plant, you can't patent it thus no money for pharmaceutical companies.

The reason why there isn't sufficient research is because cannabis is still on the DEA schedule 1 list, once prohibition is lifted once and for all (It really should be) actual "research" can be done on it. Until then, it's only done via small-scale independent studies.

Besides, if pharmaceutical companies really wanted to harness the power of Cannabis than why do so many of them make "donations" to politicians and causes that are anti-legalization?

Epidiolex (cannabidiol) - Has just gotten FDA approval to treat two types of seizures. It will be available via prescription soon. Even though the source of the medication is still schedule 1.

To get FDA approval the medication had to be tested in multiple studies. Safety in measurements and production proven. And dosage guidelines determined. Then all of that needed to be double checked in double blind studies. And then those studies reproduced in unaffiliated labs.

Source

So your point above is false. We do research on Cannabis for medicinal effects. Only reason its not a home run is because Epidiolex is not as effective as other medications, it just has very mild side effects. So you would not use it for severe cases. Its not because its a plant and you cant patent it, otherwise we would not use other plant derived medications. AND THERE ARE A SHITTON OF THEM. Or people would not put effort into selling generic drugs. There are issues with the industry as a whole. But not going after new treatments because it would be cheep is not it.

The way the research is going once they figure out a better way of making THC compounds in bulk, you are going to see more Cannabis based pain medications. Not like we make industrial vitamin C from citrus fruit, we use mushrooms. We are not going to see it for cancer, because that is simply BS. Its snake oil that makes the symptoms lessen, not destroy cancer. Otherwise it would kill your non-cancerous cells.
                    Last edited by Daskinor; 08-21-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

So is the willow tree, who's bark is the partial source for aspirin, and so is foxglove, which contains digitalis. The thing that is beneficial is extracted and given in controlled doses because too much can be deadly.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Comment

Back on topic...

Mother harassed by CPS after busybody neighbor calls cops for letting her daughter walk the dog alone around the block

I wish that was an Onion article, but it wasn't. There have been news reports of CPS harassing parents for letting their kids do things by themselves. Like playing in the backyard shooting hoops. Or playing within a reasonable distance where the mother could see the child. Or the "free range" parents again being bullied by CPS for letting their kids play in the park alone.

You may have read articles on the rampant rise of “helicopter parenting” that has left young people with a lack of any sort of life skills and other problems. No one wants to mention it, so I will. Could it be that parents are feeling “forced” to be “helicopters” out of fear that CPS will harass them if they let their children do anything independently or by themselves?

I mean, it's gotten so bad that Utah had to pass a law to get CPS to back off.

BTW, while we are on this topic, I just have to bring up this hypothetical scenario....

For those that don't know there are many "junior motorsports leagues." Go-carts, for example. There is also NHRA's junior drag racing league, where kids as young as 8 can race mini-size dragsters (They're go-carts elongated to resemble a mini-dragster) down an 1/8 mile dragstrip.

With that said, let's say an 8 or 9 year old kid gets a JR Dragster by his parents as a reward for good grades. For unrelated events at his school he sees a shrink who diagnoses him with ADD and tells the parents that she and his teachers noticed that a symptom of his condition was “randomly losing awareness of his immediate surroundings and stares blankly into thin air.” Shrink advised parents to NOT let him drive a race car of any kind as it "would mean instant death for him."

Parents don't agree with what shrink said and think she pulled that assessment out of her ass just to try and prevent the kid from driving a JR race car.

So they let him race. On one pass the kid loses control due to a mechanical failure and crashes, kid was only minimally injured, just bumps and bruises.

Said shrink finds out parents let the kid race and is so pissed she calls CPS. Even though the accident was not the kid's fault. CPS comes over to parent's house and tells them, "You put your son in that race car again and we'll be seeking his removal from your home."

Let's just say that the shrink is a cunt, and if anyone actually thinks that CPS should have the legal right to crush a kid's dream by threatening with tearing him away from his parents because of the opinion of a "professional" then they are a cunt as well.

BTW, I bring that up because when I got my learner's permit at 16 (to drive on the street, not race) my school's in-house shrink (I went to a high school where you had to see one for an hour every week) told my mother that bullshit, that as part of my ADD "I would randomly lose awareness of my immediate surroundings and stare blankly into thin air" even though I never mentioned it to her and she advised my mother that it would be "instant death if I drove." My mother told me in private that my shrink can fuck off and she taught me anyway. 20 years later, I'm still here with clean driving record.
                        Last edited by HEMI6point1; 08-25-2018, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X