mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Perhaps there's a misunderstanding here: did you intend that as a reason to design it so that, once you choose the mobile version, you cannot switch back?
    I'm sure it was a rush job. I don't know, you'd have to ask Vbulletin why it's that way. It likely was just for those only have mobile, instead of having to go through the same process every time they logged on
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

The mobile skin was provided as a third-party app, not by VB. I'm slightly hesitant over doing more than just installing that skin right now, which I hope to do in the next hour or so, as VB has gone up a notch or two. Unfortunately, the notch it went up with added features was about as bug-ridden as a nickel-a-night hotel. It may have some sort of automatic functionality included for mobile skins and detection, but after my experiences of upgrading the DP forums I decided to wait until they get it out of the alpha testing phase.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

When I had my iPhone 3G, I still used the regular version. Never had a problem with it. Now I am wanting to get a tablet, so yeah.

Comment

I think that the mobile skin for here and CS is nice, I like it.
          "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Sounds fun... for those of you with phones that support the net. XD

I've still got my ancient Nokia; the more people tell me to update, the less I want to. XXD
            I have a Nokia 6350 and I've discovered I can access the web when away from home.

And yep, I've tried the mobile skin for CS on it . . .checked in on it a couple of times while at work (gotta have something to do while waiting to be picked up after work.)

seems to work pretty good . . . except when I was doing a search the other day, I got a "memory full" message and the page didn't finish loading.

Guess I need to check with my owner's manual if I feel like digging it out of the nightstand drawer later
            If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

I know the Forum Runner app I have lists CS.com but not Fratching.. it made me sad

Comment

Keep nudging me and I'll try and get the fellow installed on here tonight.

Rapscallion
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Nudge..nudge.

Comment

Hey Raps has this forum been put on forum runner yet?

Comment

Why yes, yes it has. Something to do with being reminded enough to sink in!

Rapscallion
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Yay, I can read it on lunch and break now then.

Comment

It's easier overall for me to use the full versions of both CS and Fratching on my iPhone . . .

Mobile just doesn't give me the functionality I need at times. But I might give the Forum Runner a try soon.
                          If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Working...
                          X