Kim Davis a political prisoner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
    She's trying to say it does, but it's been replaced by a note about federal mandate, which is all her office stands for anyway. So I really doubt it will. They've been federally recognized.
    to be fair, I'm not sure Davis was saying they weren't legally valid. IIRC, what she took umbridge at was the licenses being issued in the name of the county clerk- her. (basically, her argument was that having someone else sign the licenses on her behalf would still be considered a sin, so wasn't really an accommodation, since it didn't resolve the actual issue.) to be honest, as long as the altered licenses are valid, that part doesn't bother me. ( as long as the licenses are valid, you could issue them in the name of mickey mouse, and I doubt anyone would care much)

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      to be fair, I'm not sure Davis was saying they weren't legally valid. IIRC, what she took umbridge at was the licenses being issued in the name of the county clerk- her.
      No, she specifically said she did not think they are valid because they do not carry her name, signature or authorization.

You're giving her too much credit. She is a terrible human being, remember. ;p

Comment

ah. in which case, yep, she's trying to pull a fast one again. To be honest, the sooner she can be fired, the better.

Comment

Somebody needs to shake this, um, "lady" while screaming "WHAT PART OF 'SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???"

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
            Somebody needs to shake this, um, "lady" while screaming "WHAT PART OF 'SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???"
            Separation >.<
            I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
              I read that in Samuel Jackson's voice

Customer: I need an Apache.
              Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

So apparently her being jailed is worse than a teenage boy being arrested for bringing a clock to school: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0fde8b0cceae2

I has a blog!

Comment

Mike Huckabee is at it again. "JUST ignore the Supream Court of the US".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...gYP?li=BBieYpp
                  I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                  The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Mike Huckabee should perhaps have actually read the Supreme Court opinion before shooting his mouth off- the Supreme Court DID NOT introduce a NEW right for gay people to get married. what the Supreme Court ruled was that gay people come under the Equal protection clause of the constitution- thus, they have technically ALWAYS had the right. In fact, what the Supreme Court was ding in this case is they were technically acting as a check on the executive branch. If the Supreme Court can't say "look, according to the Constitution, you are wrong" to the executive branch, you have broken the checks and balances established in the constitution.

Comment

Working...
                    X