mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile

It would be nice to have a mobile-friendly version of the site (and CS), so that when I'm sitting at a restaurant, browsing threads, I don't have to zoom way in to be able to press the next page button.
    "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Keep nudging me about this? It's currently nearing 6am and I'm about to head to work. PM if I don't inflict it on you within a week.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
      Keep nudging me about this? It's currently nearing 6am and I'm about to head to work. PM if I don't inflict it on you within a week.

Rapscallion

pocket fratching? awesome!

I am so getting an Android phone just so I can have Raps and Broomjockey in my pocket.....um fratching...yes fratching...that's what I meant....
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        pocket fratching? awesome!

I am so getting an Android phone just so I can have Raps and Broomjockey in my pocket.....um fratching...yes fratching...that's what I meant....

LOL!!! Pocket fratching.....yeah that would be awesome

And I have an an android phone so I guess Raps (along with others) is in my pocket....but then I'm part of his harem so there you go.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Sounds fun... for those of you with phones that support the net. XD

I've still got my ancient Nokia; the more people tell me to update, the less I want to. XXD
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

CS is already mobile friendly. Even has an option for it. I've used it on my celllphone a few rare times when I was no where near a computer or net.
            Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
            I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Where? How do you get to it? Most web pages I go to on my ipod automatically load the mobile-friendly page.
              "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

User Control

Edit Options

At bottom where you choose skin (The background colors and all that jazz, which is default, cobalt_x and mobile.

Choose mobile for the cell phone friendly version.

WARNING: You CANNOT change back from it once chosen. You must ask Raps to do it for you.
                Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                  User Control

Edit Options

At bottom where you choose skin (The background colors and all that jazz, which is default, cobalt_x and mobile.

Choose mobile for the cell phone friendly version.

WARNING: You CANNOT change back from it once chosen. You must ask Raps to do it for you.
                  So ....if you do that on your phone it would affect your computer version too since it retains your preferences on login yes? I would be the type to use both mobile and full computer versions....so this wouldn't help me if I couldn't change out of one.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Exactly Telcom. It sucky, but it's what happens. I've done it by accident. It was horrible.

Comment

So... why the [insert colorful language here] would anyone design it that way?
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                        So... why the [insert colorful language here] would anyone design it that way?
                        Best guess?

For those that do not have computer, and only have their cellphone.

If you ever tried to go to cs on a tiny cell phone net, you'll see how slow and hard it is to get to page to page. Put it in mobile, and it's fast and easy.

Comment

CS mobile doesn't have all the options of the full site, but it still works pretty well.

I discovered, kind of by accident, that you can use the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom of the page, and it only changes it for the computer or device that you're on at the time.

Comment

I use the regular version on both my laptop and iPod touch. It works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                              Best guess?

For those that do not have computer, and only have their cellphone.

If you ever tried to go to cs on a tiny cell phone net, you'll see how slow and hard it is to get to page to page. Put it in mobile, and it's fast and easy.
                              Perhaps there's a misunderstanding here: did you intend that as a reason to design it so that, once you choose the mobile version, you cannot switch back?
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X