• Show
Clear All

• TV Reporter Shuts Down Sexist Sheik

http://thedailywh.at/2015/03/reactio...kh-tells-shut/

Glorious bit of TV
    I has a blog!

I like her.

From the article at The Guardian:

Some people think men have a birthright to exert control over women, but there are a lot of women now who are breaking this image and a lot of men who support this, although more so for women because we have a patriarchal society. I don’t feel like a hero, I feel like any man or woman with self-respect.

I don’t think any man would accept that his wife gets insulted and doesn’t respond, or his mother gets insulted and doesn’t respond, or his daughter. He doesn’t have to respond on her behalf, too. She can do that. If he gets out of the way, he would be surprised that she can stand up for herself.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I like her too. One thing I especially like is that she was never impolite. She was firm but polite, and the message "Without mutual respect there is no conversation" was definitely lived out. She was respectful the whole time, and when he wasn't, she refused to keep talking. She didn't break off and insult him or get snide and sarcastic, and the whole problem only started with what was an effort to help him get his message BETTER across. It's really telling, and shows me she's a really cool person, who stands up for herself and what she believes in.

She's what journalists ought to be. And that's excellent.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
      X