"I'll try to save your soul but I won't help anyone"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'll try to save your soul but I won't help anyone"

In my commute to work I pass through what's known as my city's "Living room" it's in the heart of downtown and is a cross over point for the trains. A lot of people hang out there. Buskers, homeless people looking for help, and street preachers.

It's the third group that pisses me right the fuck off. There are people right there begging for help needing food, shelter, clothing, etc and those street preachers ignore them.

People are walking by handing money or food to the homeless people and then these same people get yelled at by the Street Preachers to "get right with Jesus"

I am watching all of this and thinking "there is something seriously messed up with this picture"

They are yelling at good people who help their fellow man to get right with Jesus while ignoring the very people Jesus would be helping. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I hate these people and more than once when they have accosted me I have then pointed at homeless person, "If you follow Jesus teachings go help that person either way get out of my face"
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I don't entirely disagree- and I tend to dislike street preachers anyway- but it's entirely possible that said street preachers are reasonably charitable, but not while they are out preaching.

Having said that, I suspect that having people from the church visibly aiding the homeless people wanting help would be more effective as a recruitment tool than street preachers.

Comment

Working...
    X