Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindu woman dies after being denied an abortion because "this is a Catholic country"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindu woman dies after being denied an abortion because "this is a Catholic country"

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:18 PM.

I saw this earlier and it broke my heart. Good job doctors, you just killed two people instead of saving one and allowing the other pass on in a way that no longer threatened the mother's life.

I feel so bad for that woman's family. Not only do they suffer the heartbreak of her miscarriage, but they also lost her. I hope this lights a fire under their butts.

I also hope this gets the fanatics in the USA to STFU for a while, but I doubt it will. They'll probably start slamming on their drums saying that the heathen slut deserved to die. (Yes, I have heard the opinion that a woman who would consider an abortion deserves to die if she is denied one and has to take extreme, life threatening measures.)

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaWriter View Post
      I also hope this gets the fanatics in the USA to STFU for a while, but I doubt it will. They'll probably start slamming on their drums saying that the heathen slut deserved to die. (Yes, I have heard the opinion that a woman who would consider an abortion deserves to die if she is denied one and has to take extreme, life threatening measures.)
      I haven't even heard this story in the US yet. It makes me very sad. Absolutely abortion should be done to save the mother. Unfortunately the whole issue is so wrapped up in emotion that cooler heads can't prevail.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
        This story is causing uproar in Ireland at the moment, as well it should be. Granted, abortion is legal if the mother's life is in danger, but the law is so vague that doctors are treading on eggshells every time they consider it.
        and there are currently two separate investigations being run on the hospital now....
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
          I haven't even heard this story in the US yet. It makes me very sad. Absolutely abortion should be done to save the mother. Unfortunately the whole issue is so wrapped up in emotion that cooler heads can't prevail.
          I'm in the USA too. I saw it on one of my news feeds in the morning and was going to post it here but I figured it wouldn't be able to keep a cool head myself and start spouting things I shouldn't. (Like generalizing all Catholics need to STFU when I know better and it's just the fanatics.)

I just don't get it. We don't force emergency personal like EMTs to put themselves at risk to save someone else, they have the choice, why is the idea okay for some people to put the mother at risk and kill her even though the baby is going to die anyway? It boggles!

Comment

What a disgusting travesty. Behold the consequences of faith-based laws.

I'm glad to see people in Ireland are raising a stink over this.

I imagine if enough of a stink gets raised, Ireland's religious apologists, pro-"lifers" and other Bullshit Mountain-climbers will start squealing about how they're being persucted and victimized. If so, their cries will be music to my ears.
            Customer: I need an Apache.
            Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                why is the idea okay for some people to put the mother at risk and kill her even though the baby is going to die anyway? It boggles!
                this article explains it pretty well.

They started with a predetermined conclusion, which is that nothing—not even the will to live—matters more than being a life support system for a fetus, even if it’s dying naturally. They then created a bullshit rationale to justify it.
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                  this article explains it pretty well.
                  It explains it, but that doesn't mean I'm no longer boggling over it.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
                    Long story short, this poor woman was admitted to hospital while suffering a miscarriage. She requested a termination several times over the next few days, which was repeatedly refused as the foetus still had a heartbeat (even though there was zero chance of it surviving). The woman died in hospital a week later.
                    Yeah. I thought the depths of evil had been well and truly plunged when the Church came out and intervened in the case of the 12 year old rape victim getting an abortion - their position being that the little girl should die just so they could act all holy because they tried to save a pair of babies that would have died anyway.

Now, the position appears to be, let the mother die even though her baby was already dead.

Nice work, Catholic Church. What's next?

Comment

This case has been one of the most tragic and insane things I've heard in quite a while.
                      Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                      Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

This is truly and utterly disgusting. I feel pure disgust and anger to my core for what this poor woman went through and what her family has to now go through. It's not like she just wanted an abortion because she didn't want the child. The doctors told her specifically that the baby would not make it. She was clearly suffering and not doing well. Even after she collapsed, they still wouldn't do anything?!? Disgraceful and morally repugnant! I... I just have no words strong enough for what I feel.

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

<checks to make sure this is fratching>Yup. Good.

OK, I make no secret about my checkered past - I lost 3 kids, the first 2 when I was fairly young, the last back in 1996. This is specifically about Kid the Second.

I was *5* months along, and I started getting worried because the movements *stopped* so I call my OB and he gets me in to the hospital that he was associated with, a Catholic hospital. They do all sorts of things to check, and the sprog is dead and I am having health issues directly related to going septic on top of the preeclampsia that I have been plagued with [ok, on top of the gestational diabetes. My body really dislikes being pregnant and shows it.]

So Doc Dave tries to arrange a theraputic abortion. The hospital refuses. He argues again, they refuse. So my body does the fair thing, goes into labor and expels the dead kid. This wipes out my kidneys, so I end up very very ill. I drop from 135 to 92 pounds in under a week - I look like someone from that place with the sign Arbeit Mach Frei.

He wants to go in and tie my tubes because a third go around will kill me. Nope, no way, this is a *catholic* hospital. He points out that firstly, I am not Catholic, and secondly another pregnancy will probably kill me. They still refuse. On top of this, the bitches on the floor let a bunch of jackasses into my room to lecture me about the evils of abortion [since that is what my charts have on them, even though it didn't actually occur.] Doc Dave is pretty seriously pissed off by now, so he moves me over to Strong Memorial, moves his entire practice over, and I get a tubal ligation.

[and why yes, I did mention I got pregnant a third time. Oops. The old style tubal was the loop over and rubber band type. The rubber band broke Shit happens.]

Comment

I don't get it. Why would a Catholic hospital object to removing a fetus that's already dead?
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X