Huckabee Considers Military Might Against Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huckabee Considers Military Might Against Abortions

So, in the latest edition of just how crazy can a presidential hopeful get, Huckabee has stated that he is so anti-abortion that he will happily defy the SCotUS and deploy federal troops or agents to stop abortions.

Holy abuse of power, Batman!

Story at cjonline.com

Apparently, the rights of a proto-human far outweight the rights of an actual, living human and he will do anything and everything in his power to trample the latter to save the former, abusing science all the way.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

For the record, an unborn child (or "proto-human" as you call him/her; it's okay I've heard far worse terms for unborn children) IS an actual living human. And with modern medicine/technology can survive as early as 6 or even 5 months along.

As for what you said about Huckabee, listen I'm very much pro-life but I'm also a realist about it. The right to life movement is comparable to the civil rights movement as we like to often say? We insist that just as we were wrong about things like segregation and making excuses to deny groups of people equal rights under the law and that so too we are wrong to do the same thing regarding unborn children? Fine. But we must also remember that change NEVER occurs overnight. Look how long it took to abolish slavery, women's suffrage, doing away with segregation and now most recently same sex marriage. All of those took decades to accomplish. Bottom line, Huckabee is, at minimum thinking way too far ahead and as far as sending troops to stop abortions...he's probably thinking along the lines of us doing so to enforce desegregation, but that was AFTER the SCOTUS decided unanimously that school segregation was no good.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to save the unborn babies just as much as he does...but rushing into things on ANY cause/movement will only make things worse.

Comment

So now, in addition to being against the separation of church and state, apparently he's also against the rule of law.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
        Bottom line, Huckabee is, at minimum thinking way too far ahead and as far as sending troops to stop abortions...he's probably thinking along the lines of us doing so to enforce desegregation, but that was AFTER the SCOTUS decided unanimously that school segregation was no good.
        Considering that the vast majority of religious zealots on the warpath against abortion are also against all of the most successful measures to prevent unwanted pregnancy, I consider the idea that they are in the business of humanitarian work to be utterly unfounded.

They are, rather, in the business of ensuring that women do not forget their place and that any who should engage in the act of coitus without the sole intent of propagation of the species be shamed by their actions and punished via the carrying to term of the results of said actions. Of the man involved, nary a word is typically uttered, for all blame lie upon the women, despite those self-same crusaders decrying women as being the lesser of the sexes.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          So now, in addition to being against the separation of church and state, apparently he's also against the rule of law.

He already said as much last month with the SCOTUS ruling on same-sex marriage. The only law he has to follow is God's law. And since God isn't going to appear in Congress and hand out new tablets, we should all just assume that Huckabee (and/or any number of GOP politicians) speaks on the almighty's behalf.

Comment

How is it possible that such a large group that runs the country can be so insanely out of touch with today's society? This IS insanity.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Kara_CS View Post
              ...we should all just assume that Huckabee (and/or any number of GOP politicians) speaks on the almighty's behalf.
              Reminded of this scene from Inherit the Wind:
              https://youtu.be/oX4yzAv2zOg?t=5325

50 years old and the scene still resonates in American politics. I wish it didn't.

But hey, meet Mike Huckabee, the self-appointed prophet! God speaks to Huckabee, and Huckabee tells the world!

Let's have a book of Huckabee. Slip it in neatly between Numbers and Deuteronomy!
              Customer: I need an Apache.
              Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Because those who need representation the most have the least resources to put towards actually voting, and the people in charge (primarily one party over the other) has a habit of attempting to further disenfranchise them through bullshit voter laws that are designed to put roadblocks in the way of those voters. In some cases, they have put up actual roadblocks in the form of unscheduled street repair on election day.

Comment

There are also people who have been in Congress for over 30 years. People vote for them because their parents and grandparents voted for them. Which goes along with the bigger problem of people not doing any kind of research. We've all been at the voting booth and seen someone running for some piddly city office on the ballot we didn't even know existed. Even if they're unopposed, we can't make an informed decision if we vote for that person. Too many people know just as little about their choices of candidates running for Congress. Most of the time, they're just going to vote for the incumbent because they feel like they "know" that person and what they stand for (and have been mindlessly voting for that person for years). If there is no incumbent, they'll vote along party lines for whoever they've seen on TV the most who seems to know what they're talking about. After all, the important thing is that the "enemy" (other party candidate) doesn't win because if they do, they will destroy democracy.

And then you have the jokers like Huckabee who try to sway the religious right. They do it because it works. My ex would research candidates, but the only criteria worth researching was whether or not a candidate claimed to be Christian. If there was more than one Christian running for the same office, then it was time to consider their stance on issues like abortion, gay rights, teaching evolution, and other such issues that could potentially make the baby Jesus cry.

Ignorance is bliss, and politicians rely on that ignorance to win elections.

Comment

Wow, I'm actually kind of impressed. I wasn't sure how he was going to top his "Obama is going to march Jews to the door of the oven" statement there ( Its both a Godwin and a holocaust reference, so double points? ). A statement he has, insanely, doubled down on while insisting Jews "love it" despite having been condemned by every Jewish group in the US so far. >.>

Its like he looked at Trump and thought "Hey! How come that guy gets to say what he really thinks and I don't?" and now he can't stop the crazy pouring out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                      Because those who need representation the most have the least resources to put towards actually voting, and the people in charge (primarily one party over the other) has a habit of attempting to further disenfranchise them through bullshit voter laws that are designed to put roadblocks in the way of those voters. In some cases, they have put up actual roadblocks in the form of unscheduled street repair on election day.
                      Though it does make me wonder what would happen if all the women pulled a lysistrata and cut off the men looking to get laid until the laws went off the books ... can't procreate if you can't get your wife to lay you. [and I know a woman who when peeved at her husband will pull out a ball hair to make a point. Me? I would whack him in the nads if I was actually that pissed. I did used to send Rob out to sea with his underwear starched heavily if I was pissed at him. They don't let you wash your clothing until it is actually dirty so you have to suffer through wearing starched underwear until you have worn them and can wash them.]

Comment

Yeah, cause spousal abuse by women is funny, amiright?

Comment

To Huckabee and all the rest of the fetus-fetishists out there, this image is most appropriate:

Customer: I need an Apache.
                          Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                            Yeah, cause spousal abuse by women is funny, amiright?
                            and using/withholding sex as a weapon is part of a healthy relationship, communication? what's that?
                            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
                            X