Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been nearly 20 years...pull your damn pants up already!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the loose pants for skater fashion actually served a purpose.

It wasn't fashion for fashion's sake, but to protect the skater's crotch from those times when the board would kick up between their legs.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by ParkingWitch View Post
      It's got that air of the scandalous with a hint of "we know better" class/race bigotry, so it's likely not going to go away any time soon.

As for why the style is still in style... the group most likely to be sporting it has taken it as a badge of sorts. Maybe if we deal with the problems that lead to the group having power, we'll stop seeing the style.

I wouldn't hold my breath, on the problem getting worked on any time soon... the solution isn't sexy and it won't make anyone look good. >_<
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Every time I see someone with that kind of style, I have the urge to pull their pants down.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          Well, the loose pants for skater fashion actually served a purpose.

It wasn't fashion for fashion's sake, but to protect the skater's crotch from those times when the board would kick up between their legs.
          Geez, whatever happened to "always wear your cup"? You're supposed to in any other kind of sport...

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
            Geez, whatever happened to "always wear your cup"?
            Yep. I don't see how baggy pants would protect someone from being hit in the nuts. It's still going to hurt like hell, and you're still going to see stars

As for pulling their pants down, really? Nobody wants to see asscrack or stained underwear I'd rather pull them up...way over their heads

But seriously, as long as the thugs and wannabe thugs think that having your pants pulled down makes them a "tough guy" and as long as it's depicted as such on TV and in movies, they're going to do it. That, plus having their hats turned sideways, the fake limp, and ending *every* sentence with "you know what I'm sayin?' Oh, and before everyone thinks I'm bashing the homies, there are just as many stupid suburban (and rural) white kids that do this shit

Comment

Where I'm from it's more often than not stupid white kids doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
                Where I'm from it's more often than not stupid white kids doing that.
                I see both doing it and frankly, I just want to run after them with a staple gun and fix their pants for them.

It was stupid then and it's stupid now. And, as Tater Salad says "Ya can't fix stupid."
                If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Then again, if these stupid white boys keep doing this, it'll just make it easier for the cops to catch them.
                  Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

You should see how many idiots without belts they catch on World's Dumbest. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
                      You should see how many idiots without belts they catch on World's Dumbest. XD
                      Where did you think I got that idea?
                      Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Working...
                      X