no more google plus required for youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tama View Post
    2. 5 minute+ videos. NO ONE is going to watch that kind of an ad unless it's on tv or something!
    I've never seen any ad greater than 30 seconds that didn't have the skip option after 5-10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Valentine View Post
      Now they should start working on getting rid of those annoying ads they make you watch before letting you see your video.
      Those are definitely annoying as Hell. Especially when I'm looking for a song video to download and burn.

If you use Freemake Video Converter, when you download the video and select extract original audio, those ads will be deleted on the download.
      If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

It has the skip option, I just don't see the point of MAKING a 5 minute ad when you know a lot of people won't watch the damn thing

Comment

Because sometimes people do. I've left ads running when they caught my interest in that first few seconds.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Now I'm getting a shitload of ads that aren't skippable, that and for some reason there's these yellow markers that as soon as the play bar hits them stops the video. Even if the video isn't even half over. It really pisses me off, no matter how many times I reload the page to try to avoid it it's still there. Is this happening to anyone else?
            "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

The yellow markers have always been there; they're the markers for when the video is supposed to play an ad. If it just stops, that's a problem with the ad service.

Typically you either get an opening ad or the in-line ads. I'm not certain, but I think the video authors can specify their placement (one long thing I was watching had them at the scene breaks) and frequency, but with a lower limit, since ads are how Google keeps the service paying for itself and ads are how the uploaders make money on their videos.
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just use Ad Block Plus and NoScript. Problem solved.
                AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
                  I just use Ad Block Plus and NoScript. Problem solved.
                  Same here, though I mostly watch content from my subscriptions on our PS3. But at least it lets me skip the ad after 5 seconds (most of the time).

Comment

Working...
                  X