Evangelicals Endorse Pimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evangelicals Endorse Pimp

Not the "rapper pimp," he actually runs many legal brothels.

Dennis Hof, a man who runs a strip club, many brothels, and was the star of HBO's "Cathouse," is running for a seat in the Nevada legislature as a Republican. He won the primary of the "Family Values" party. He has secured the endorsements of several evangelical preachers in his district.

Why do they wonder why more people are turning their backs on churches?
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Originally posted by catcul View Post
    Why do they wonder why more people are turning their backs on churches?
    No idea. Do people have problems with clothing manufacturers who use blended fabrics running for office?

If he was running on a platform of "shut down all of the brothels" and then it came out that he was running brothels I can see being all "gah this guy such a hypocrite."

I don't see any hypocrisy in them supporting this guy. It's like if you're personally against gay marriage but feel it's not your right to tell someone else how to live. You could endorse a candidate who wants it to be legal.

I respect more people endorsing someone that may not agree with their personal beliefs because they respect what he's trying to do rather than deciding that only people pushing their personal beliefs on everyone else should get a vote.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
      He won the primary of the "Family Values" party.
      Because anything you do is OK as long as you don't have a "D" next to your name.
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
        Because anything you do is OK as long as you don't have a "D" next to your name.
        That's exactly it. That's the same reason why racists and Neo-Nazis have also been embraced by the party. They've been brainwashed that the country went to shit as soon as Obama was elected, and that anything even remotely related to Obama (and Democrats or "liberals") should be destroyed. A lot of the blame for that can be squarely put onto Trump and his propaganda machine. For example, how is it possible that he can blame the Democrats...for the immigration/child separation fiasco that *he* created? Blatant lies, yet his base is too stupid to see that.

Comment

It looks like Dennis Hof won't make it to the legislature after all.
          Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

At least he'll be going somewhere warm.
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Dennis Hof, ‘Bunny Ranch’ owner and GOP candidate for Nevada legislature, found dead after party

Comment

Working...
              X