• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election finally over

So the great shit-show is finally over.
    But it's also just beginning.

I'm glad Biden/Harris won.
    But I'll be a lot more happy once the Orange Maggot is ejected from the White House. I've already heard that Trump's gang of crooks is refusing to cooperate with Biden's transition team. He can still do a lot of damage on his way out.

And you thought it took a long time to call the election?
    It's going to be a long 2 months.
    Customer: I need an Apache.
    Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Originally posted by Talon View Post
    But I'll be a lot more happy once the Orange Maggot is ejected from the White House.
    You and me both. I hope that if they have to drag him out kicking and screaming, they get it on video. I'd pay good money to see that.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

He's going to try and burn the entire place down with him. If he can't have it no one can.

Provided he doesn't actually try an idiot coup I fear he's not going to go away until he actually dies. He simply can't live without attention and the American media can't live without live tweeting his every move.

But yes I do hope he has to be trespassed out of the White House and it happens on video.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        But yes I do hope he has to be trespassed out of the White House and it happens on video.
        Oh hell yes.

In the years to come, the Republican party will do everything to pretend they never heard of Trump. He was just some covfefe boy. I hope the Democrats will not let that happen. I hope they rebrand the Pandemic as the Trump Virus. The Republicans will be the Trump party. And the symbol of the Trump party would be the above video, of the Orange Toddler being dragged out. Those images should be the albatross around the Trump Party's neck for years, if not decades to come.

It's probably not going to happen, since the Democrats suck at messaging. The one thing they seem to excel at most is protecting the status quo, even if it means the game is rigged against them. Then again, I was worried this election would be a repeat of Bush v Kerry. Strange things can still happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
          In the years to come, the Republican party will do everything to pretend they never heard of Trump.
          10 years down the road maybe.

Let's face it; Trump isn't going away unless he dies and Trump was only a symptom of the disease the Republicans have been fostering for years. Until you guys actually change your ridiculous election system that allows minority rule there's no incentive for Republicans to change tact.

Comment

The only thing I'm watching right now is the electoral college which is the last real possibility of idiocy occurring.

I actually do watch the skullduggery the RNC brings up because I'm genuinely interested in if it's real or not because party affiliation aside the absolute one thing that boils my blood is subversion of democratic principals. I haven't seen anything significant yet though.

Speaking of - since I know the RNC has their own experts on speed dial, if anyone has any interest in some of the statistical abnormalities, I knew the stuff didn't pass the smell test but this is the best explanation I've found for the layman:

Refutation of Dr Shiva Ayyadurai (MIT guy convinced in the stolen narrative)
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aokNwKx7gM8

Benford's Law
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etx0k1nLn78

Re: Republican Party at large - I think the biggest liklihood is going to be a la the Lincoln Project, the reformation of a third political party that either changes things or is reabsorbed after changing the overall narrative after it forces election losses for one or both parties.

Until there's something to drive the power away from the wing's there is no upside for either party to change course and they will continue to paint the other side as the wing (because that's who more and more gets the mic anyway).
            Last edited by D_Yeti_Esquire; 11-15-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
              I haven't seen anything significant yet though.
              And you won't either seeing as even Trump's own government said the election was secure, every election official in each state has said it was secure and even Trump's own lawyers when asked in court have said they really got nothing.

Its all just a narcissist trying to find a way to explain why he isn't the center of the universe. If you recall he primed the narrative pump in 2016 as well. Saying the election was rigged against him and setting up the story that if he lost it was because it was rigged.

Now there is a Hail Mary on the table of a coup by pretending there's enough smoke to say there's a fire then using that as an excuse to ignore the popular vote of a state and appoint Trump electors. But that route is fraught with numerous legal issues.

Still, the hope they have is that somehow they can get the Supreme Court to invalidate the election itself and turn it over to Trump. Which, if it actually happened, the civil unrest you've seen so far would look like a child's birthday party.

Re: Republican Party at large - I think the biggest liklihood is going to be a la the Lincoln Project, the reformation of a third political party that either changes things or is reabsorbed after changing the overall narrative after it forces election losses for one or both parties.
              I hope so seeing as the Republican party functionally no longer exists. It's the Trump party now and it will never be able to unhook its wagon from Trump. But populism and bad faith politics seems to have infected right wing politics through out the world at the moment. Even up here in Canuckistan some of the Cons have been auditioning Trumpian style politics without much success so far.

Until there's something to drive the power away from the wing's there is no upside for either party to change course and they will continue to paint the other side as the wing (because that's who more and more gets the mic anyway).
              Well, the functional problem you have between the electoral college and gerrymandering is that the Republicans have an inbuilt advantage. They don't need to expand their voter base while Democrats do to overcome the deficit. The GOP need only appeal to its base and even when it loses its never by a large margin so there's no need to change course.

There isn't any need to compromise or concede policy wise either. They can just cross their arms and refuse to do anything like McConnell does and wait it out till the next election cycle.

Conversely, the Dems have to overcome the inherent disadvantage of a system where the worth of your vote depends entirely on where you live and the advantage goes to rural areas. Hence the Dems can win the popular vote by 3-5 million but still lose the election. Even though that makes zero sense in any modern capacity.

So the dems need both the progressive wing of their party and to court moderate swing voters. Who, and I will be incredibly blunt here, are some of the dumbest people alive on God's green earth.

In any other country the Dems would be two parties. Such as up here where we have a Liberal party and a further left progressive party (NDP).

Granted, by our political measure Dems are center right.

Comment

And it just gets worse. Apparently his supporters are actually buying his lies that the election was rigged.

Trump's Sore-Loser Tantrum Gains Traction

Welcome to Day 15 of Donald Trump’s sore-loser tantrum, which appears to be paying off as his rabid followers swallow the toxic lies that the election was stolen.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted Nov. 13-17 found that 52 percent of Republicans believe Trump “rightfully won” the election and only 29 percent agree that Biden won.

Nearly seven-in-ten (69 percent) of Republicans expressed concern the election was rigged. A third of Independents and 16 percent of Democrats said the same thing.
                So over half of them believe he won and a whopping two thirds of them actually believe the election was rigged. I wish I could say I find it hard to believe they'd be that gullible and naive, but that would be a lie. And calling him a sore loser is an understatement.
                Last edited by The Shadow; 11-19-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow View Post
                  I wish I could say I find it hard to believe they'd be that gullible and naive, but that would be a lie. And calling him a sore loser is an understatement.
                  I'm actually surprised it's not higher than that. If they don't believe everything their cult leader tells them to believe, they could get kicked out of the cult. And I'm sure they're terrified of the idea of their cult suddenly ceasing to exist. They won't know what to do with themselves. Who's going to tell them how to think and act? And no, I'm not joking or exaggerating when I call the Trump crowd a cult.
                  --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow View Post
                    Apparently his supporters are actually buying his lies that the election was rigged.
                    I mean they've swallowed all the other patently absurd shit he's sold them may as well go completely off the cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                      I'm actually surprised it's not higher than that. If they don't believe everything their cult leader tells them to believe, they could get kicked out of the cult. And I'm sure they're terrified of the idea of their cult suddenly ceasing to exist. They won't know what to do with themselves. Who's going to tell them how to think and act? And no, I'm not joking or exaggerating when I call the Trump crowd a cult.
                      Man and this is no friggen joke. One of my cousins posted some random easily debunkable list (they always use lists to make anyone who would fact check it get exhausted) and because it was about the fairness of the election I actually engaged point for point. I generally don't do that for political campaigns - politics is politics.

Well apparently, one of her friends went off in the comments to the point she demanded they delete their stuff. I never saw it, but she had comment chaos for the next two days. So we apologized/sorted that everything was good. But just the idea that there is an idea counter to Trump just absolutely sets the hive abuzz.

Comment

Update: another brick in Trump's wall fell away.

He hasn't conceded, but he is allowing transition to the winning team he still refuses to acknowledge. Good old tortured Trump logic!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/biden-...-gsa-1.5813414
                        https://crooksandliars.com/2020/11/g...ansition-biden

Comment

He's going to end the republic one way or another. -.-

Comment

And now we know just how far his supporters are willing to go...even if people get killed in the process:

Woman dies after shooting in U.S. Capitol; D.C. National Guard activated after mob breaches building

Later at the U.S. Capitol, throngs of people pushed past police who were trying to block them from entering the building as lawmakers inside debated counting electoral college votes confirming Biden’s victory. A mob was able to breach security and successfully enter the building, where one person was shot and later died.
                            How much do you want to bet that these are the same people who complain about BLM protests as being dangerous and violent.

Comment

Thus it's finally over.

The Tangerine Terrorist is gone. May he never set foot in the White House, or any public office ever again. Unless it's news of his arrest, I'm happy to never hear of that creature masquerading as a human being ever again.

Once again, a Democratic President inherits a massive Republican mess. Now we can look forward to the Trump party doing everything they can to stop President Biden from cleaning it up, and blaming him for it. Ah, back to business as usual

"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." - Battlestar Galactica

Comment

Working...
                              X