Foot meet bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot meet bullet

So the false narrative of voter fraud is seeming to have an effect of demoralizing voters in the lead up to the run off election in Georgia.

Now most of us in the country know this is a false narrative. Members of both parties and even Trump appointed judges in his many court cases have pointed out this is neither true nor is Trump's legal team saying it is.

The problem the GOP is now facing is the simple fact that the same people claiming that Election Fraud is real are telling people to get out and vote. Seemingly they're being told "Why should we?"

I've spoken to a few people in the last few weeks who are clinging to the false narrative being pushed and I'm kind of wondering if I should still be trying to get these people to see the sky is blue?

I think straight up it would be wrong to encourage the delusion but at the same time I think it's wrong to leave McConnell in a position to be an obstructionist. I think that what he does should be illegal. I think that Bills presented for consideration in the Senate should be presented by a non-partisan third party that has nothing to do with any Senator.

Simply present the bills brought from the House and then the Senators do their jobs. None of this Bills piling up on someone's desk because he doesn't like how they look or his wallet holders dislike it.

I could spend the next month trying to convince people that I disagree with politically that they should acknowledge objective reality but then they vote. Or I could just leave them alone. Is it immoral to give up on them knowing it might benefit the American People? Even if it goes against what they think they want?

(To explain I see people keep voting for one of our reps to lower taxes and she keeps voting to raise our taxes and give tax cuts to the rich which is not what they want but they believe her when she says what she's doing instead of looking at her voting record)

Is it wrong to let these people's misunderstanding of what's going on create a situation where maybe they'll finally see how things can be when Government's working and not obstructing?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

He's currently having a "Victory Rally" (furious wanking motion) down in Georgia. It's completely an alternate reality. I don't understand it or how anyone can fall for it.

Comment

My theory is that it's an extension of the "They want to raise your taxes" points at Democrats but forgets to mention the taxes they want to raise will only effect people making over 10 million. They've been pointing Republicans at Democrats for years telling them "they want to do (thing that won't affect them) to you" and using misinformation channels like Fox News and other Right Wing Media outlets to reinforce the message to trust them and no one else. That everyone else is out to get them.

This is the logical outcome of that. I literally saw a Trump Cultist call Fox News Left Wing Media. I wish I was joking. They 100% believe that Fox News has become left wing because they won't on air outright "admit" Trump's lie. To their minds there's no other possible reason like maybe the lie just isn't true.

I was trying really hard not to call them cultists but honestly at this point there isn't really anything else that fits.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        My theory is that it's an extension of the "They want to raise your taxes" points at Democrats but forgets to mention the taxes they want to raise will only effect people making over 10 million. They've been pointing Republicans at Democrats for years telling them "they want to do (thing that won't affect them) to you" and using misinformation channels like Fox News and other Right Wing Media outlets to reinforce the message to trust them and no one else. That everyone else is out to get them.

This is the logical outcome of that. I literally saw a Trump Cultist call Fox News Left Wing Media. I wish I was joking. They 100% believe that Fox News has become left wing because they won't on air outright "admit" Trump's lie. To their minds there's no other possible reason like maybe the lie just isn't true.

I was trying really hard not to call them cultists but honestly at this point there isn't really anything else that fits.
        Republicans have been banging the drum of "Democrats want to do x" for decades. But they've eroded all the way down to literally having no platform *except* "Democrat bad, rawr.". To hear Trump tell it Democrats are literally going to destroy civilization and force them all to be gay married to late term abortions.

Also it is totally a cult, no question.

Comment

Working...
        X