Wonder Woman and Choosing Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Woman and Choosing Love

I have to confess, I just came back from seeing Wonder Woman and it may be the first time in a decade I was actually uplifted by the sentiment in a Superhero. I won't go into spoiler territory, but it's enough to simply state it's a film that manages to have it's "epic fight" without - well, the easy answers generally found in the genre and where good and evil are easily definable.

And it just had me thinking - is Diana Prince a great critique on modern superheroism in general? We live in a world where "Adulting" is legitimately uttered by adults who by the same token love the easy answers provided by most flicks. Bad/Good.

But Diana (in this version anyway) responds to an ugly, cruel reality through the only mechanism she truly has - to remain herself, embrace the reality of the world as it is and thereby find that within humanity she wishes to actually personify.

I kinda unabashadly loved this film although it certainly had a few flaws and for certain Wonder Woman purists or Marvel nuts it may not be their cuppa. Still, the the setting, the tone, and the message feels really prescient in 2017 where far too many want a "big bad" to vanquish.

I haven't seen it, but I told my wife this morning that it'd be funny if they used the theme song from the Wonder Woman TV series (with Lynda Carter) in the movie...

Comment

Also, I hope this isn't too much of a "spoiler" question for anyone who has yet to see it, but is WW more of a "tweener" in this movie? Not necessarily "good", but not necessarily "bad"?

Comment

Working...
      X