But that's what she said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But that's what she said

I responded to a story written by a woman. The writer referred to her pregnancy weight as fat. She never once called it anything but in the course of telling her story.

My response used the exact same terminology.

Someone then replied to my comment with "She's pregnant not fat"

Their reply didn't address the point I made all it did was take objection to the fact that I used the word fat in place of Pregnancy Weight just like the writer did.

This feels to me like other person over reach and it drives me nuts. If someone for example calls themselves Black instead of African American and then I say Black in reference to them as well suddenly I have people going "Hey it's African American" then smiling smugly at the other person in a "don't worry I got your back"

Hell once it happened to me about me. I am a geek I like comic books, sci fi and fantasy. I like getting into this stuff a lot and that makes me a geek. I called myself a geek and this girl yelled at me because in her mind Geek is an insult and I was thereby insulting myself rather than what I was really doing which was short handing what I'm into.

Why do people do this?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I think it's mostly people looking to be PC and calling some out from a fairly safe position.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
    X