PLEASE stop grouping all Millennials together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE stop grouping all Millennials together

God that gets on my last damn nerve, seriously. What annoys me the most, is I am considered Millenial and I should be GenX, but because I was born in 85 I'm a Millenial. Sorry, but most of us 30 and up are not entitled spoiled brats.

Most millennials aren't entitled spoilt brats either. Well, unless you take the view that actually wanting to be paid sufficient to live on is being "an entitled spoilt brat" (quite a bit of the "milennial" crap takes a somewhat...paternalistic (and I mean that in the derogatory sense of someone acting like the other person is a child) view of milennials, which often coincides with not wanting to pay them what they are actually worth. (presumably justified by "I'm showing them how to act in the workplace"- when it's usually just showing them how to be exploited)

sorry, this is something of a soapbox of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittykat View Post
      God that gets on my last damn nerve, seriously. What annoys me the most, is I am considered Millenial and I should be GenX, but because I was born in 85 I'm a Millenial. Sorry, but most of us 30 and up are not entitled spoiled brats.
      You and I are that tweener group some call Xennials. We were kids just before the internet became a big thing and internet blew up during our later childhood years.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I'd be more happy if people would stop blaming millenials for all the ills of the world when we're just trying to survive this shitshow.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          You and I are that tweener group some call Xennials. We were kids just before the internet became a big thing and internet blew up during our later childhood years.

More like The Invisible Millenials. Every generational group is a span of 20 years. The first millenials were born in 1980 like the last Gen Xers were born in 1979. The Gen Xers born during 1960 and 1969 were mostly ignored.

Same with us it wasn't until we were in our 30s that they started attacking the second decade of our generation. This is notable in that those of us in our thirties established the infrastructure of our generation (social media most notably) and our second set gets attacked for using it. and other things we established.

The whole thing is also a marketing categorization that then gets taken over by talking heads to get ratings over how this particular generation is "da worst"

The reason the first set of us don't directly get this treatment is that in ur 20s the Gen Xers were still thirty something. Now they're reaching middle age and want to feel they were never like us.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Working...
          X