Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Perry Indicted for abuse of power

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1

A grand jury has indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, saying he abused his power by trying to pressure a district attorney to resign.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow. Good riddance to his political career, and good riddance to Perry. Everyone i know of who lives in Texas is cheering.

One moment please, I need to collect my thoughts on this matter.

Ah, here we go...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

There, I feel better now.

Comment

I remember a youtube spoof of one of his ads, and I think the closing line is appropriate here.

"My name is Rick Perry and I'm a piece of shit!"

Comment

I'm not going to get too excited about this. It seems that indictments like this are par for the course in Texas. Any conviction will likely get overturned by the Republican controlled appeals court....

Comment

He'll never be convicted in the first place. Such a waste of time. No reason to get anyone's hopes up.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Considering the clearly political and biased nature of the indictment (the DA impaneling the jury was pressured to resign by Perry after getting a DUI and assaulting officers,) I highly doubt this will amount to anything. Especially since all he's charged with is threatening and then actually vetoing a bill--something every governor has the legal right to do.

Comment

Working...
            X