Matt Walsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Walsh

I gotta get something off my chest, I can't stand the blogger Matt Walsh. For those who don't know, he's this conservative Christian blogger on wordpress. He has a lot of followers and like other internet celebrities, he makes a living from ad revenue online.

Now I'm not going to bash him for making money online. I think it's a great thing that people can get paid in such ways. But I am going to bash him for being one of the biggest assholes on the internet. He is everything that's wrong with the far right and then some. It's almost comical seeing him get riled up over things he has no idea about, saying extremely hateful shit, and then trying to play the 'good Christian' card. Since I have a lot more free time now, I've been reading his blog for shits and giggles.

And then he posts this. Basically, he got some backlash for saying that Walmart is 'charitable' for giving people jobs who 'don't deserve them'. He responds to one of the pissed off emails who should have set him straight. He told Walsh that the job market is a bitch and that employers take advantage of it. And, well, since his response is too long winded to post in it's entirety, I'll just an exert to illustrate what a douche this guy is.

Thank you for your insightful reflections, Bob. You raise some interesting points, yet I can’t help but feel slightly confused by your hatred for one of the only organizations in the world that would actually pay a salary to someone like you.

I should explain that when I say “someone like you,” I mean someone with an abysmal, self-entitled attitude, who is proud of making no effort and providing subpar service to customers. You seem to think that you should only perform well if you’re paid well, but the unfortunate reality is that you will only be paid well when you perform well. This is a concept called “earning.” To “earn” literally means “to receive as return for effort.” So, if Merriam-Webster is any judge, you haven’t earned anything. You confess to your lack of effort, which means you confess to the fact that you aren’t even earning the minimal salary which you’re currently collecting. You are one of Walmart’s charity cases, and you should be thanking them, not sobbing about those villainous CEOs who “buy private jets.”
    Yeah, he outright says that someone is getting paid more than they deserve by a company who's paying them such shit wages that they need government assistance. Even if the guy does have a shitty work ethic, to think that Walmart workers are overpaid is just nuts.

Of course, that's not the only dickish thing he's said in his blog. He's proven to be homophobic, anti feminist, supports voter ID laws, and even thinks that those immigrant child should be sent back. Yet, he still thinks he's the moral good Christian because he speaks out against abortion and defends traditional values.

What an asshole.
    Last edited by Rageaholic; 08-10-2014, 04:08 AM.

WAY too many people like him around. (You might want to reread your sentence ending in "laughable.")
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Ya know, I can honestly say this..and I'm being 100 percent sincere and genuine:

My regularly reading his column a couple of years ago was one of the deciding factors that has pushed me firmly into 'middle-of-the-road' politically rather than identifying as a left-leaning conservative, which is what I used to consider myself.

He's horrific. I can no longer stomach even glancing at his drivel.

Comment

His latest crap is on the Ferguson MO riots. Guess which side he's on?

It wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for his blatant hypocrisy on telling others not to judge a situation until we 'know more'. He also got a lot of flack for posting crap about Robin Williams suicide. Ironically, I found it the least offensive of his drivel (ignorant, but seemingly well intentioned).

I also found a good blog debunking his bullshit. Though I don't know how the author of that blog can stand to read Matt's BS.

Comment

Working...
        X