Columbine Speaker at My Old School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbine Speaker at My Old School

And it pisses me off. (I checked, there was no news sites that said she went to my old school, so this can't identify me.)

I actually thought it was a pretty good idea when I heard that they were having the parent of a Columbine victim speak at the school. My old school has gotten kinda scary. If there's a school that is eventually going to have a school shooting someday, it would be the type of school I went to.

But they picked one of the absolute worst person to speak on Columbine (that was actually there.) Beth Nimmo.

As expected, from what my sister told me, she spread heaps of misinformation about the shootings, from the bullying myth to the "she said yes" myth (though about her daughter Rachel, rather than Cassie.) I wouldn't go up to her and say to her face I think she's talking bull, because she deserves to think whatever comforts her. But to go around and basically teach lies? That drives me nuts.

If anyone is looking for a real, factual book on Columbine, I suggest Dave Cullen's "Columbine." He was one of the initial reporters, interviewed all of the investigators, and had access to both the killers' journals and the basement tapes. Plus he isn't horrifically biased like this woman is.

EDIT: I actually found something online about it, so I am editing. I originally named Misty Bernall as the parent who came to visit, but it was someone else. (My sister said she had written a book about her daugher's spiritual journey, and said her daughter said yes when asked if she believed in God, so I assumed Bernall.)
    Last edited by CooperArt; 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM.
Working...
X