Pushy survey people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
    A bunch of these people have ensconced themselves at my train station for the past two days. >.< What a dumb place to be! People are legging it onto the platform at rush hour, ya dingus, and you're either going to distract someone briefly enough to miss their train or they're going to barrel into you as you go for the intercept...
    I've been getting smarter with these. There have been a bunch of people hawking either Lifeline, Amnesty International or the Jehovah's Witness/Bible Belt honkey stuff, all of which have been at the entrance to yon local train station.

The train station has 2 flights of stairs before going onto a long concourse (which allows you to travel over to shops and services on the opposite side without having to pay to get through), then the gates to get through before finally getting onto the platforms. They've been plonking themselves at the entrance to the staircases.

Now, a little further up the road near the carpark is the lift entrance to the station. It doesn't even face the stairs. I've been catching that in and out to avoid them

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      I interviewed at some pretty shady places before I got my current job. They're never shady until you actually get there and they basically prey on people that need a job fast ( students, people new the city, people that just lost a job, etc ). There's usually a bait & switch in the job ad and what they offer when you get there as well.

Case in point, one of the first place I interviewed at when I moved to the city as for a CSR job. Everything seemed legit till I actually went ot the interview location and it was in the middle of an industrial district. The call center as it were was formerly an automotive repair center that they had just rolled some desks and computers into. The HR assclown looked at my resume for like 30 seconds, told me he thought I was overqualified for the CSR position but said I would be perfect for "Sales". ( ie cold call soliciting ). Trick of course being the CSR position doesn't actually exist.
      That is despicable. Absolutely scummy. Isn't there a law against advertising one job opening and then shuffling the new hire to something else? And if not, why not?!

Back on topic, I've been getting those damned survey calls all the time. It's getting to the point to where I'm just screening calls, letting the answering machine take it if I don't recognize the number or caller. Most of the time, they don't respond to the answering machine. No great loss. Still, it's an annoying pain in the neck to be getting these calls constantly.
      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Isn't there a law against advertising one job opening and then shuffling the new hire to something else? And if not, why not?!
        I don't know if there is such a law, but enforcing one would be both difficult and detrimental to legitimate businesses and the people they hire.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
        X