The six degrees of Fratching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The six degrees of Fratching!

Ello, I'm new here and as the title says I came upon this place via other sites
    Lastly Customers Suck, I enjoy reading some of the stupidity that goes on, but then remember that said stupidity happened to a sane human being and I'm not reading some "its so stupid it cant be true" website, but as i dont work with the public I don't have any tales to tell and try to present myself as a nice enough random idiot than an SC

and I found CS via the devils panties webcomic (which I havnt read in a few months now)

and that comic I found via something positive via questionable content via XKCD via some random XKCD comic linked to another forum

so that was like a broken pencil

pointless

I actually can't remember how I found CS.com...prolly google. I read the stories on the front pages, then discovered the forum...after a few months of not noticing it.

Ugh, now the formal crap...

-reading from script- Hi, how are you? I am Hobbs, and it is court-mandated that I inform you that I am a resident and that I have been known to bite people.

Comment

I found customer sucks when a person posted the vinegar boy story on Something Awful

Comment

That's funny. I found CS from Devil's Panties, too. Don't remember how I found DP, though.

Welcome!
        "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Vinegar Boy! That was the first CS story I read XD

Comment

Well, obviously I found Fratching from Customers Suck... I found Customers Suck from a link from my ex (who I'm still on good terms with). I found my ex through a group of trolls called the Kirbies, I found the Kirbies through the Neopets roleplay boards, I found the Neopets roleplay boards through Neopets, I found Neopets through someone at school named Joanna. Or possibly Joannah. Or maybe Johanna, and I found Johanna through going through elementary-middle school with her, and my parents found that school through being Quakers at the time.

I couldn't tell you how they found Quakerism, though.

So, how'd I do? Was my memory sufficient to justify the necromancy?
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I found Fratching through CS. I found CS through a link on Etiquette Hell. I...can't remember how I found Etiquette Hell, but I think it had to do with looking up egregious stories a la Not Always Right.
              "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I found Fratching through CS, and I'm 99.36789428972% sure I found CS through simply Googling. Probably Googled "Customers Suck", or something similar.

This, IIRC, was back in 2006, not too long before Raps took the helm. I believe I was around for probably the last two or three or so hacks previous to that.

Mike
                If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

I found Fratching through CS, though resisted actually joining for a long time. I found CS through Googling about Walmart for a post at Ars Technica. I joined Ars Technica because of my boyfriend, Nekojin. I met Nekojin at a gaming convention I attended with my then-boyfriend Shameless. I met Shameless through a mutual friend I knew from my archery class at college. I attended that college because I lived with my aunt. I lived with my aunt 'cause my dad was useless. My dad was useless because his parents were freaks.

Alas, I have no idea why my paternal grandparents were the way they were as they would have had to have stopped pretending my dad never divorced his first wife and now they're both dead (I found out by checking a website online, years after the fact), so I'll never know.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I found Fratching through CS and CS through an old thread on GUcomics which I found through a friend who recommended it back when I was active in EQ1.

Comment

I found Fratching through Customers Suck. My join date for Fratching as listed on my profile is 6/30/10. I found Customers Suck through either Yahoo or Google. My join date for Customers Suck as listed on my profile there is 5/23/07. I probably typed in "I hate customers" or something similar after a bad day at work. I'm prone to just randomly type words and phrases into search engines just to see what pops up as one of the ways to amuse myself when I have free time.

Comment

Originally posted by aurelemsrealm View Post
                        I'm prone to just randomly type words and phrases into search engines just to see what pops up as one of the ways to amuse myself when I have free time.
                        I've done that before, normally as a domain name, it all started when someone typed fucking machines in frustration in an IRC and someone else reposted as a dot com, I don't know if they knew of the site or not, but I had not as this was over a decade ago pre flash video, all it was was stills and animated gifs of the machines in question.

Anyhoos, for the bump save for that nugged of uselessness, I'm guessing the UK wide cookie monster event happened a few months back and I found myself logged out, but nothing really grabbed me to reset my password (save for updating the being blamed for other peoples shit thread I started to update the I almost quit side to it)

Comment

Working...
                        X