Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Online a lot Hermit! 2016 Offline a lot Hermit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Online a lot Hermit! 2016 Offline a lot Hermit!

So to explain the title when I was in high school and spent a lot of time online with most of my friends being digital ones that were considered not real friends.

I was told this made me a Hermit.

Yesterday I joined Tinder. I made a match. I said, "Hi" I was then told I was a man of few words because apparently greeting people is supposed to be more than hi. I was told it was chatroom style etiquette I should be using. Given that the last time I was in a casual chatroom that meant "A/S/l? Cyber" I felt I might not quite know what etiquette they were talking about.

Explaining that I spend most of my time with friends and family offline I was called a hermit with no apparent sense of irony.

Does this make any sense to anyone?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Guess that makes me a hermit. I have a Twitter account I check every couple of days, and I'm not on FaceBook, PInterest, Instagram, etc.

Comment

I think I've only ever made two "tweets" ever, but I feel a lot of that is due to growing up in the message board/e-mail mindset (including building my own forum from the code up just to see if I could).
      "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I cant even figure twitter out yah I don't use mine, don't use snap chat and I don't use instagram

Comment

I have been on facebook for quite a while now, and use that almost exclusively. I use instagram. I was on Twitter and other stuff and it got overwhelming. That being said people who say online friendships and relationships aren't "real" can bite me. My relationship now started online and long distance 4 and 1/2 years ago, and I was told it wasn't "real". Well now we have been living together for exactly one year, so guess what, it was plenty real.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
          X