Self-Taught Rocket Scientist Plans Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Taught Rocket Scientist Plans Launch

A limousine driver and "self-taught" rocket engineer is planning a manned rocket launch up to 2,000 feet Saturday. It being sponsored by a group called "Research Flat Earth," a group of conspiracy theorists that believe that the Earth is a flat disc.

I only see potential for disaster because:

*He's a "self-taught rocket engineer." That means he has had no training making rockets.
    *His previous rocket only went 1,000 feet high.
    *He doesn't believe in science. Actually, that would explain most conspiracy theorists.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Man Plans To Launch Himself In Homemade Rocket Funded By Flat-Earthers
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Should have an interesting obituary on Sunday.

Hopefully the shrapnel when it explodes doesn't hurt any innocent bystanders.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I disagree- he mostly seems to see rocketry as not actually science, but he does seem to know how to calculate the relevant variables.

Comment

And he chickened out because he knew he'd die/be wrong.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The speculation I'm hearing is that his "funding" dried up originally, so he was pretending to be a flat-earther to get money, so people could basically watch him fail.

Comment

Working...
          X