Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binge Watch or Spoilers - An Impossible Choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binge Watch or Spoilers - An Impossible Choice?

Binge Watching used to be a choice you got to make. I have friends that choose to wait and watch The Flash when it hits Netflix at the end of each season instead of watching it as it airs. That is a choice they make and they understand they could be subject to spoilers.

Stranger Things Season 2 dropped all in one shot though and no one gets that choice. Instead your choice is watch all of it in one shot or understand you could be subject to spoilers. There is no option to savor each episode. Oh sure there are probably the rare person who isn't in a position to have any of it spoiled but for the most part we tend to be part of social circles that like things we like.

So is it unfair of Netflix to drop shows like that? Is it too late to switch to a one episode at a time model?

I basically had Stranger Things season 1 spoiled all because I didn't have time until the weekend to watch more than the first episode. So this time I made plans to watch all of season 2 and did so. But now I have to go back and enjoy it. I didn't like binging it but I enjoyed watching it not knowing anything more than I did watching season 1 when I did.

It feels unfair to force people into a completely new style of watching TV against their will thoughts?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I never had a problem with Netflix's style of having the whole season at once. but then again I don't have a problem with Hulu's style of having one a week either. I'm generally not watching anything that I'm going to get spoilers for I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Spoilers don't bother me. Even if I know a character gets killed off, I still enjoy finding out what led to their death.

Comment

Two of my co-workers are watching Lost one episode a week until they finish.

They are on the second season. Avoiding spoilers is pretty tough.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
        X