Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The opinions expressed by Mr Vogle are not necessarily those of the Subway Company!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The opinions expressed by Mr Vogle are not necessarily those of the Subway Company!

Hard to believe that line was said 13 years ago in a classic South Park episode ("Jared Has Aides")...I guess Jared really did have aides for his eh, not so secret anymore extracurricular activities!

But true to form from that very South Park episode 13 years ago, as soon as the shit started to hit the fan for Jared (and it's now been confirmed that he was indeed up to no good), they couldn't make the disclaimer in the topic of this thread fast enough!

What's really interesting is that a local Subway employee actually changed which shop she worked at because Jared was exhibiting what she felt was stalkerish behavior towards her, but I don't have any info of whether or not anyone in any position of authority at the franchise or corporate was ever informed of his thing for underage teens.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      What's really interesting is that a local Subway employee actually changed which shop she worked at because Jared was exhibiting what she felt was stalkerish behavior towards her, but I don't have any info of whether or not anyone in any position of authority at the franchise or corporate was ever informed of his thing for underage teens.
      There was a franchisee who alerted Subway about him 7 years ago. She even tried to sue but Subway had its legal ass covered. But even then it sounds like they already knew but hey, he was making them money, right? -.-

I mean, honestly, there's no way they didn't know something given the level of creepy its turning out he had going on. I really doubt they didn't notice their prize hen's multiple solo trips to Thailand, never mind everything he was up to on US soil. It doesn't sound like he was mum about anything he did. The FBI had him under watch for something like 10 years after all.

Comment

This is looking like Penn State all over again (but on a much larger scale).

Comment

Something to remember about Penn State and the abuse... Here, the way the laws are written, if there is any indication of abuse, the teacher (or coach) is supposed to let their superiors know about it. Then, that teacher (or coach) is basically done. It's up to their superiors to go to the police. From what I've read, Paterno did exactly what he was supposed to. The administrators chose to sit on their collective asses. I have a feeling that he was hung out to dry, simply because a scapegoat was needed...and dead men don't tell tales.

A possibly better comparison might be made with the Catholic church and its various sex scandals. They knew what was going on, and took every step to quash those rumors.

Comment

Frankly, I don't understand that law.

It's one thing if there are suspicions that you can't prove or have witnessed for sure, and just want to give someone above you a heads up that things might be wrong. But didn't Paterno have a lot more than just suspicions? If I had no doubt something was going on, I'd say screw the red tape and reporting it to my superiors. I've got a moral obligation to report this straight to the police, especially if my superiors are going to sit on their asses doing nothing.

It should be up to whoever is closest to the situation to report the crime, not the dean, president, or whoever is highest ranked in a university.

Comment

So Subway has admitted, upon internal review, that it did indeed receive a "serious complaint" about Jared from the journalist in question in 2011 and:

Subway regrets the complaint was “not properly escalated or acted upon,” the statement said.
              But they're still denying they received any complaints from the franchise owner in 2008.

Comment

Working...
              X