2 Step Verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Step Verification

If you lose even one part of the process then suddenly you lose the licensing rights to ALL your content.

So here's what's going on. I turned off 2 step verification for Amazon because it requires that you use a mobile phone number. Issue being I was losing that number as I was switching to a cheaper landline during this whole crisis as I had to shift to a job that pays me less money. Well it got turned back on and not by me.

Now I can't access my account without giving a code that's being sent to a phone number that I no longer have. They said they needed an image of my State ID with my address and my name. Well that's a problem because when I sent that to them they said, "Nope not good enough"

Currently my laptop is the only thing that can access my Amazon account and if it gets disconnected I lose everything I've spent literal years building up. The only exception being those movies who have rights sharing through Movies Anywhere.

I don't like using 2 Step Verification because it takes me out of the process. I built a "randomized" password that has never been hacked. Ever. It's a very secure password algorithm and to anyone else looks like randomized characters. All the 2nd step does is secure my account from me in cases like this.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X