Weird driver behaviors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird driver behaviors

I've noticed some crazy shit over the years that drivers do. Years ago at a former job, I would see people drive up to the building, the driver get out, the passenger get over to the driver side while the original driver goes in the building. What the hell is the point in that? Just have that one person driving the whole time, it makes more sense. I saw this every damn day.

Lately, in newer cars mind you, since I tend to take Lyft a lot, drivers will manually use the windshield wipers on manual intermittent. Meaning they turn it on, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off. Manually. instead of using the damn setting on the wipers that does the same thing automatically. Why?

That makes about as much sense as the people I would see washing windows in the damn rain!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

I can see a few valid reasons for the driver-swap-tango: (A) Both like/both dislike driving, so they share the pain/gain. (B) Original passenger is the preferred driver, but needed to do some personal maintenance (paperwork, hair combing, jock adjusting, phone calls, noshing) that their scheduled arrival wouldn't allow. (C) Original driver needed their turn to do the same, or, needed to do paperwork from the errand.

The wip-wap-wipers? I do this, because frequently the rain/snow is too light or patchy to supply sufficient lubrication for the wipers at the fixed speed.

Comment

Originally posted by dalesys View Post
      The wip-wap-wipers? I do this, because frequently the rain/snow is too light or patchy to supply sufficient lubrication for the wipers at the fixed speed.
      ...and then you get that pleasant sound of dry rubber being dragged across dry glass. Even on my car, where I can vary the pause between swipes, it's still not perfect, leading to that wonderful sound I just mentioned.

Comment

Working...
      X