Why do we even care about this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we even care about this??

I suppose I don't care because I don't watch these types of television programs, but why do we, in a general sense care about this enough where it's a "headline" on MSN?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrit...er?form=PRHPTP

Since neither the thread title nor first post says what the link is about, the headline on the page is "'Bachelorette' Alum Ashley Hebert and Husband J.P. Rosenbaum Expecting Baby No. 2!"

I don't care. I don't know who those people are. But if there are enough people who do, even a little bit, care whether they're having a baby, it makes sense to report it as news. It's not like MSN has a tight constraint on how many articles they can create.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      I don't care. I don't know who those people are. But if there are enough people who do, even a little bit, care whether they're having a baby, it makes sense to report it as news. It's not like MSN has a tight constraint on how many articles they can create.
      I suppose they're like the Kardashians, except they're "minor" celebrities.

I honestly don't care, either. But it surprises me that people do, I guess.

And in that same vein, of not caring:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrit...0j?form=PRHPTP

Not sure why these people are even newsworthy. They're only "famous" because somebody decided to make a reality show around knocked-up teenagers.
      Last edited by mjr; 05-25-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

To be fair, you usually don't get important news in the "Entertainment" sections.
        Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
          To be fair, you usually don't get important news in the "Entertainment" sections.
          While that's true, I'm not sure this particular woman is even newsworthy for an "entertainment" section right now. I wouldn't even classify her as a "minor celebrity".

I mean, she was on this show years ago, apparently, and people still care about her and how many kids she has, and when?

Why? Vicariousness?

Comment

I can see at least one reason. The show's format, as I understand it, is a truly awful method of choosing a spouse, and most couples paired by it quickly fall apart. So the fact that one such couple has stayed together long enough to be expecting their *second* baby is unexpected.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

True but I think it's more attention whoring than anything else. Nobody has been talking about them recently so they have to do something for the attention. I find that a lot with the girls from the Teen Mom series. They fade away and nobody's paying attention to them so they have to do something stupid to get in the spotlight again

Comment

Working...
              X