Did they swap Zoom and Savitar? Spoilers for current season Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they swap Zoom and Savitar? Spoilers for current season Flash

I am familiar with both Zoom and Savitar from the comics as they were very big figures in the Pre-New 52 universe as villains that Wally West had to face. Growing up as a teen in the 90s that was the Flash I was most familiar with outside of the Flash TV show.

Now the reason for my title is because I theorize they gave Savitar a method of speed that is more Zoom and less Savitar and Zoom did things that was more Savitar.

Here is why. In the comics Savitar was a bad guy who thought that he was essentially the God of Speed. He learned how to siphon off the powers of other speedsters stripping, Max Mercury, Jessie Quick, and Impulse of their speed. He was unable to do the same to Wally West as Wally had a greater connection to the Speed Force having actually entered it and returned.

In the show Zoom wanted to steal the speed of other speedsters. He just didn't have the cult or the followers and his real name was that of the Zoom from the comics.

But his speed in the show was through a connection to the speed force. Zoom from the comics wasn't tied to the Speed Force. He was unstuck from time. He had attempted time travel via the Cosmic Treadmill and it exploded flooding his body with Tachyons he isn't fast he just moves through moments of time. He can will himself to interact with the timeline as normal but he has to will himself to do it.

Now look at Savitar. He moves so "Fast" that he was able to take Barry to multiple points in Central City at the same time. And when he's running it was through a "tunnel" instead of just running really fast.

So my theory is they swapped origins/source powers. One is the way Savitar runs the other is the fact the "Cosmic Treadmill' that hasn't yet been used for Time Travel makes its reappearance on the set in the episode that heavily features Savitar. I think that was a an easter egg to reveal how his powers work and explains why he could know so much about Killer Frost even though the only ones that should know about Killer Frost are those that visited Earth 2.

So I think he's unstuck from time and is someone from the Future that we haven't met yet. Or he's Julian. (I know I know Julian looks to be Alchemy) but why can't he be both. If they gave Savitar Zoom's origin well Zoom wasn't a serial killer he was a cop. Julian is a cop. (a forensics cop but still)

Anyway that's my hare brained theory.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X