Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada and Bill 89

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/cana...nder-identity/

Politics? Religion? Could be anything! But Religion gets no threads really so why not.

Was playing in a charity golf tournament today in the pouring rain when I saw a Facebook post about this.

Summary: "The law, which replaces old laws governing child protection, foster care and adoption services, instructs all child services and judges, to take into consideration a child’s “race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.” "

Basically, certain uber-conservative Christians are trying to play the victim and say this is an attack on their religion. That they aren't allowed now to teach their religion to their kids. That they can't discriminate against their kids if they are LGBTQI (whichever long acronym we've reached at this point). That they can't teach kids that gay is evil. Etc.

Personally I believe people with such beliefs have no place in society but I'm not a fan of discrimination. My wife made a post about what a relief it is for this to happen because there are so many kids abused and tortured by their families because they don't fit into their narrow view of the world. Set a lot of people off.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Funny how the people pushing for their right to discriminate are the first ones to scream "discrimination" when they're told that they can't.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
    X