Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What constitutes a Collector's Item is this one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What constitutes a Collector's Item is this one?

Okay so growing up I was a huge Saved by the Bell Fan. Huge crush on Kelly though i was only 9 but come on it was Kelly Kapowski and I even bleached my hair like Zack in high school. Anyway so my mom is going through some books in boxes to see if there is anything she wants to keep and she hands me a pattern to put with her craft stuff. Getting it in my hand I glance at the cover and do a double take crying out "HOLY CRAP" to which my smartass mom replied with "Batman" "What?" "You mean HOLY CRAP BATMAN" I waved off the joke and pointed at this picture

"That's Tiffani Amber-Thiessen on this pattern! That's Kelly Kapowski!"

So I have been looking and trying to get an idea of what constitutes a collector's item. I have found lots of posters of her from Saved by the Bell and post Saved by the Bell fame but nothing like this. The copyright for the pattern is 1989 which was the same year that Saved by the Bell came out. It seems likely then that the picture for this cover had to have been taken before she was doing the show and so before she was a household name.

Honestly I am going to try and see about getting it appraised as well but it's Sunday and I figured some here might know and also just this is the kind of find you share.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

anything can be a collectors item if it is sufficiently rare, and people actually want it, so it could be.

Comment

Working...
    X