Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Sues Date for Texting During Movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Sues Date for Texting During Movie...

Completely ridiculous. Suing her for texting during the movie? Come on.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/man-...-galaxy-vol-2/

Interesting that it's on a site called "ew". Suing over a first date that didn't work out? She's well rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
      Interesting that it's on a site called "ew". Suing over a first date that didn't work out? She's well rid of him.
      EW is Entertainment Weekly. though the article does link to the original from the Austin American Statesman.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
        Suing over a first date that didn't work out? She's well rid of him.
        Damn, maybe I should have sued every time a date didn't end with me "Getting lucky." I could have made a fortune!
        --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Should have insisted on going Dutch in the first place.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I think the logic behind the lawsuit is that a date can,i n a sense, be compared to a contract- he pays for the date, and she acts like it is, in fact, a date. (I don't mean in the sense of getting lucky afterwards. I mean in the sense of paying a reasonable amount of attention to your date. His complaint is presumably that she was acting more like they happened to be sat together by chance.)

He's still an idiot, although she's not exactly innocent herself.

Comment

I can kinda see the guy's point though. Not so much over the money he spent...but because she couldn't put the phone down. She sounds of the type that cannot be bothered to watch, and will ask constant questions throughout the flick. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that (and talking) annoying as hell. Still though, he could have easily cut his losses and moved away from her.

Comment

If you're the type to sue a girl for this, there's probably a reason you haven't had many dates...

Comment

In the linked article she said "I'm not a bad woman, I just went on a date." She's correct she's not a bad woman just a very very rude one.
                  If I had been the man after having asked her to stop I would have got up and moved and then later consider it money well spent to know what kind of person she is.
                  When out to eat with the family I notice so many folks that are "dining" together rarely look up from their phones except to shove the food into their pie-holes. What's the point of going out together???
                  I use my cell phone as a phone a tool not as an anchor to life. All of my kids have learned the hard way not to bring their phones to the table as Dad doesn't play.
                  Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
                    In the linked article she said "I'm not a bad woman, I just went on a date." She's correct she's not a bad woman just a very very rude one.
                    Not to mention that there seems to be a disagreement between the two over how often the cell was used.

If I had been the man after having asked her to stop I would have got up and moved and then later consider it money well spent to know what kind of person she is.
                    He may not have been able to, depending on how many people in the theater, and some theaters are going to a reserved seating model, so you can't sit just anywhere.

When out to eat with the family I notice so many folks that are "dining" together rarely look up from their phones except to shove the food into their pie-holes. What's the point of going out together???
                    I use my cell phone as a phone a tool not as an anchor to life. All of my kids have learned the hard way not to bring their phones to the table as Dad doesn't play.
                    I saw something once where when people went out to eat, the rule was that they all put their phones in/near the middle of the table. And the first one who picked up their phone had to pay for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                      I saw something once where when people went out to eat, the rule was that they all put their phones in/near the middle of the table. And the first one who picked up their phone had to pay for everyone.
                      If we did that either my wife or youngest daughter would always have to pay. Daughter is 19 and didn't get a phone until she turned 14 and now she can't live without it. My wife mostly uses her for work but she won't/can't get away from work. She is getting better with the phone as she's turning her business over to our middle daughter and shifting more of the decisions to D2 but Mommy is only a phone call away. When we actually retire I wonder if we'll be able to retire.
                      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

She's certainly rude but I have to agree that he's an idiot. A short while ago I read of an instance that was very similar: guy invites woman to dinner, woman won't get off her damn phone. I think he made it through the meal, after which (before dessert and coffee) he paid for the food and said "Bye!" and left her to make her own way home. She, of course, proceeded to castigate him as rude all over social media for a few days afterwards.

So even if this guy couldn't switch seats, he could have made his point by simply getting up, saying, "Sorry you're so busy" and walked out.

But a lawsuit? That sounds both petty and pathetic.
                        Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
                        ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
                        X