Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Destroyed My Marriage (Slightly NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
    And why not poly marriages? why can't you have THREE consenting adults marry legally? And for the record, I have no problem with consensual incest. Especially between siblings or cousins or whatever.

I'm in a poly relationship and want to marry both parties.
    I understand your point. I wanted to keep this as a separate discussion. But to extend upon something you said, are you OK with incestuous couples reproducing? Some are OK with it, some aren't.

Many people believe that poly marriages are "exploitative". That's the main crux of what I understand the "problem" to be. That, and things like the tax code aren't really set up for it.

But honestly, I was focusing on "two" being the number because poly I think could be a separate discussion, and conflate things.

Though you do make a valid point about "why not three"? Though I guess some would start a "slippery slope" argument (as in, why not 4 or 5 or 6, etc.).

I'm not really liberal (most on this forum know that), I'm just asking the questions.
    Last edited by mjr; 06-06-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
      I understand your point. I wanted to keep this as a separate discussion. But to extend upon something you said, are you OK with incestuous couples reproducing? Some are OK with it, some aren't.
      Personally, I don't have an issue with the reproduction of siblings and other close relatives. There are genetic afflictions that result in birth defects considerably more severe than a close relationship between the parents, and nobody is suggesting that people with such afflictions should be forbidden from reproducing.

My issue with sexual relations between close relatives is more in the line of: I don't believe there can be a truly consensual relationship on the same level, because most of the time, i.e. between two siblings, there will be a significant power difference between the two - generally favoring the elder sibling, and especially in the younger, formative years. Therefore, in my opinion, you can never be sure that the sexual relationship is truly consensual, because there is a certain chance that the older relative has influenced the decisions of the younger - either intentionally, or unconsciously.
      "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
      "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
        Though you do make a valid point about "why not three"? Though I guess some would start a "slippery slope" argument (as in, why not 4 or 5 or 6, etc.).
        with polygamous marriages, provided everyone involved is truly consenting, then I don't think the number actually matters.

also, I should perhaps make something clear: my arguments against incestual marriage were mostly me being a devil's advocate. Fundamentally, if everyone involved is genuinely consenting I'm not that bothered. (and I don't care at all if it's a same-sex incestual relationship)

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
          between two siblings, there will be a significant power difference between the two - generally favoring the elder sibling, and especially in the younger, formative years. Therefore, in my opinion, you can never be sure that the sexual relationship is truly consensual, because there is a certain chance that the older relative has influenced the decisions of the younger - either intentionally, or unconsciously.
          Of course, it's possible to be truly consensual in the case of "stranger siblings", either the "Luke and Leia" variety (separated when too young to know each other, reunited as adults) or both being fathered by a prolific "baby daddy", whether "live cover" with multiple women or the same donor at an AIAD clinic.

"Peter and Cindy" (Brady Bunch) would avoid the genetic issues but IMHO would be creepier than Luke and Leia.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
            Of course, it's possible to be truly consensual in the case of "stranger siblings", either the "Luke and Leia" variety (separated when too young to know each other, reunited as adults)
            Yes, Luke and Leia were fraternal twins. But what if they hadn't been separated at birth and decided that they wanted a sexual relationship with one another, complete with marriage and kids?

That's the crux of things. And heck, even if they weren't fraternal twins. Even if they were 3 or 4 years apart. Same thing, right?

Comment

Working...
            X