Facebook - ''If you don't share this, you are a horrible human being''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protege View Post
    Ugh. One of my friends is constantly posting those things. Most of hers usually have a line similar to "post this, and God will give you money at the end of the month..." Seriously? Many people get paid roughly twice a month. Tell me again how God has a hand in it?
    Maybe they think it's extra money...who knows?

I shut down what I call a "serial chain emailer" by setting up an autoresponder through an email client. That way, every time I got an email from this person, they got an autoresponder rebutting most of the "chain email" things. I think there were 17 or so items in it.

Some of them may have been TMI (like "I'm married, so I already get laid") and "No, Microsoft will NOT give you money for forwarding an email..."

There was more to it than that. But it didn't take long for the emails to stop.

Comment

Had another friend share a picture that was a guilt trip - if we didn't share, we weren't supporting these brave Vietnam soldiers.
      Only problem was, the picture of the "brave soldiers" was from the movie "Tropic Thunder"! They were all actors.
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Here's one right up this alley...yes, I know this is a satire site...

http://babylonbee.com/news/satans-pl...amen-facebook/

Comment

Ugh. Not the Babylon Bee. Another friend is constantly posting links to it. I had to block him...simply because it's not funny.

Comment

"If you don't share this, you are a horrible human being." I used to get memes that said almost exactly that ... "If you scroll past, you have no heart!!"

At which point I would cackle evilly and scroll right on by.
            Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
            ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
            X