Understanding a GIF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding a GIF?

So I commented on a company's social media feed today because they have been giving me the hard sell to regain my business. I like them, I like their business model. I even understand their prices. The issue is entirely on my side. I do not have the time or money to engage with them. So I was expressing that to them figuring I can't be the only former customer in that situation and it might help them as a company to have that data.

They then posted a Dr. Phil "Thank You For That" GIF and I realized that due to my unfamiliarity with both him and the GIF I don't know if they were being genuine. Then it occurred to me as I was trying to look it up that even if I could find some website that gave me a definitive answer as to how the GIF in its original form was meant that it doesn't answer the question of how they meant it.

In fact that's the problem with a lot of GIFs there are some like RDJ Eye roll where the meaning is completely obvious. Many exist though where there is ambiguity. Maybe don't communicate in GIFs with strangers is what I'm saying I guess?

Because I can read things in their post in multiple directions. I dunno thoughts?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass
Working...
X