Labels that don't make sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labels that don't make sense

You can be super into puns from the age of 5 like me. You can love how funny it can be when words are used in ways to convey meanings different from intended But the instant you have a kid everyone will immediately label all of your puns dad jokes and you immediately are only telling them because you're a dad so of course you are. No no it's not because you're a writer trying to make a living from it it's because you had a kid and that altered your sense of humor...somehow.

You can be into skydiving, reading poetry, studying philosophy but whoops you like Pumpkin Spice well you were interesting but now you must be a basic bitch.

You play table top roleplaying games so obscure that Wil Wheaton calls you a nerd. But wait you like watching Football sorry you're a jock let me explain those 20 sided dice.

Oh you only speak the language of the country you live in that is so big you could literally spend your entire life exploring it and everyone mostly speaks the same language you are unsophisticated.

Seriously stop assuming one trait defines everything about a person.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Oh dear dog. Dodgy labels are so much fun! (all the sarcasm)

I love swimming, especially at the beach, therefore I am a beach babe. Yeah, nope. I don't fit in with that group. I wear a wetsuit, not a biniki. I'm a ginger, there is not enough sunscreen in the world for me to not burn without my wetsuit.
    I love watching super bikes, MotoGP and V8's (think Nascar, but on a F1 style track) that means I should be a rev-head that loooooves cars. Nope, I like watching them because of the skill involved but don't ask me car questions. I like hot rods, because pretty and shiny, but don't ask me about the internals.
    I love reading, especially fantasy/paranormal/etc and watching similar shows and movies, but I don't fit in with the nerds and geeks because I don't play the games (board or computer) or tolerate super nerd/gatekeeping shit.
    I loved dresses and ribbons in my hair as a little kid, but I was always the first to get dirty.

Labels are used by people who lack a 3D personality and want squish others into neat little boxes. Labels should only be used for envelopes.

Comment

Working...
    X