Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to lose another election, are you ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to lose another election, are you ...

Is anybody else noticing that, once again (and starting early ...) the left seems to be doing a dandy job of already tearing itself apart with accusations, counter-accusations, insults and hissy-fits worthy of He Who Must Not be Named against anybody other than their particular chosen saviour AND all that person's followers?

I've seen several articles pleading with people to, FFS, stop looking for the Ultimately Perfect and Virgin Candidate whom they can adore and revere without qualifications and who will solve all their problems in a nanosecond ... but an awful lot of people don't seem to be listening.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

This is the 2016 election, or the Brexit, all over again. It's not like the Right actually *won* those things, it's that the Left *lost* themĀ“.
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelated View Post
      Is anybody else noticing that, once again (and starting early ...) the left seems to be doing a dandy job of already tearing itself apart with accusations, counter-accusations, insults and hissy-fits worthy of He Who Must Not be Named against anybody other than their particular chosen saviour AND all that person's followers?

I've seen several articles pleading with people to, FFS, stop looking for the Ultimately Perfect and Virgin Candidate whom they can adore and revere without qualifications and who will solve all their problems in a nanosecond ... but an awful lot of people don't seem to be listening.
      Democrat leadership has no interest in pleasing the liberal side of their party (or just outright alienates them like the last election). The Republicans don't have this problem. They've managed to make the barely liberal leadership of the Democrats out to be uber-liberals in the minds of Republicans so they can get what lunatics they want elected while moderate Republicans still wouldn't dare vote for a Democrat.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line. It hasn't changed a lick.

But yea, Bernie Bros. were going after Beto O'Rourke over the last month or so and I'm probably going to go fairly anti-Gillibrand because I really don't like her (I'll still vote for her over Trump barring a 3rd party solution that looks statistically viable.). Warren's fine but if she's going to be that easily baited into doing stupid things, she probably shouldn't run.

I'm not sure why the ramp up so early though either other than maybe Democrats mistake country was firmly behind them rather than repudiating Trump. And the problem with the latter is, play the next two years wrong and that will flip.

Regarding the Moderates - I have a feeling we will see a split in both parties soon. That is, although they would outvote the wingnut right and left blocks, the fact they are split between them is a big part of this. The Dems might make another swing at them but frankly the left has gotten very litmus testy so I don't know if they can hack a moderate candidate.

Comment

Working...
        X