Getting personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting personal

It's time to make a note on personal conduct. Things occasionally get heated and personal in here, and we're supposed to avoid that. I'm not talking about all-out attacks, I'm more talking about demeaning comments and the like.

The moderators are going to keep an eye for and try to cap any such behaviour.

We're after debate, not confrontation. Thanks for your cooperation.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

In my opinion, I think we also need to take a look at "thread stalking" or the appearance of it.

Healthy debate is good, but if it starts to look like certain members just seem to watch for a certain other member's posts so they can tear them apart, that needs to stop, too.
    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

First infraction issued. Took less than forty-eight hours. Impressive.

Rapscallion
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

While I was on holiday, we ended up with a ban.

Rapscallion
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Just what constitutes an infraction? I'm just curious....
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Infractions can be issued for any type of rules violation, although here they're generally reserved for instances of personal attacks.

They're rarely given for a first-time offense. By the time infractions are issued, the member will have received at least one or two verbal warnings from the moderators.

Technically, the board software is set up so that 5 infraction points puts a member on moderated status (their posts are viewed by a mod before posting publicly), and ten points means a ban. In reality, if someone has say, 7 or 8 points, we're usually so sick of dealing with their crap at that point that we apply a ban.

In many cases, a member will be issued one infraction at some point, and never receive another one. Sometimes a member just needs an official wake-up call, and infractions serve that purpose.
            Last edited by Boozy; 11-10-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Got it that makes sense thanks. So do the infractions stay forever or do they roll off eventually?

Comment

We reserve the right to issue temporary or permanent infraction points. Depends on the offence and circumstances.

Rapscallion
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

K makes sense thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X