This is a debating site, by the way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But but but but but but....

if I'm not winning an argument, that it's offensive! I demand my rights of always being right! Don't make me sue the board....
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
      As a side note, we've had a trend of reporting threads in an apparent attempt to claim offence and win arguments that way.

We stare in horrified fascination at such reports.

Rapscallion
      I am very offended at this post! I demand retribution at once for my hurt feelings!

"Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        As a side note, we've had a trend of reporting threads in an apparent attempt to claim offence and win arguments that way.

We stare in horrified fascination at such reports.

Rapscallion
        Wait. Waitwaitwait. So the reports are coming from people who're losing ground, can't switch counter-argument focus, and just report the thread because they're losing?!

I'm split. I'm both shaking my head at such a ridiculous move and laughing my ass off at the same time...
        Last edited by ZedOmega; 08-20-2010, 10:15 PM.
        This space for rent.

Comment

Well, obviously I'm right, the rest of you are wrong, and the fact you don't realize it offends me.

I admit, I'm not the best at debating. I learned a long time ago I'm not going to change anyone's opinions/beliefs, so I really don't like "debating." What I do enjoy is discussing. I try to at least see the other side, even if I don't agree with it. Some people aren't willing to do that.

Comment

You also gotta love the people on both sites who just simply don't like you or you don't agree on anything, so they seem to follow you around or find things you've posted in other people's threads just to go after you. It's so mature and shows such great internet etiquette.

Comment

Not to mention the people who completely ignore the point of a thread in order to nitpick over mere words, whether it be spelling errors or to pick out something completely non pertinent to the thread. If that's how they debate, then more power to them; I personally prefer to debate in a non irritating manner.
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Just another reminder....

This is a debating site.
                People are going to debate and call you on your posts.
                If you cannot handle that, then stay away from posting.

Just because someone seems to disagree with several of your posts in several threads, that does not constitute thread stalking.
                If you think it's happening, report it, but we mods will do a search, and if we see that the same member is making the same types of comments to other people, we will not see that as thread stalking.
                If you still feel there is a problem, despite what the mods have decided, then put that person on ignore and stay away from their threads and comments.

On the other hand, if you just have a problem with a certain member on principal, and can't refrain from posting sarcastic comments that add nothing to the discussion or debate, then, again, put that person on ignore and stay away from their threads and comments.

If you do not have the maturity to debate and discuss without feeling attacked, or without needling and attacking others, then don't post on this forum.
                Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
                X