Smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilies

We don't have many choices for smilies here, and I'm just curious as to why they are so limited. I don't see the need for dozens of them like we have at CS, but a few more would be nice.

Specifically, I would like to see the laughing smilie. Maybe it wasn't included for fear that someone would use it to laugh inappropriately at someone's opinion? That's not what I'd like it for...every once in a while someone makes a joke that gets me chuckling, and its a handy way of expressing my appreciation.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

We're on a different skin, and I suspect the smilies are going to clash more with this darker background - I need to try it some day.

The main reason, though, is that we never really bothered to do anything about it. Truth to tell, as a debate forum (and not so much a fun-based site as CS is) it didn't seem necessary.

Nudge me, and eventually I'll nudge Mike and see if he feels like adding a few appropriate ones.

RApscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

*nudges*

I wouldn't mind seeing just the lol smiley, not the rolling smiley. Maybe one or two of the anger smilies as well? Most of the current smileys on here speak for themselves.

Comment

*Nudge*

(But don't nudge me back. I'm not that Mike! )

Mike
        If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

Looks like I've been nudged.

I'll try to get in here and add some. It's been awhile, so it might take some time for me to remember how to do it.
          --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I'm partial to the smiley.

Sometimes, that's all you can add to a comment.
            Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Thanks Mike! *notworthy smilie*

As far as how to do it, don't you just login whatever way you need to, turn on the webcam, make the face or gesture into the cam, and it's automatically converted?

Obviously, having each and every one from the CS Board would be overkill, but some off the top of my head I'd like to see, would be the shrug, like Ree suggested, and like fireheart suggest the lol. Also, the devil.

Mike

Comment

I could definitely see , and getting a lot of mileage here. I say go for it.
                This space for rent.

Comment

Just thought of another one that may get occasional use; .

Even though the main theme of this Board is debate, there are occasional threads/posts where the author is relating some type personal experience and garners words of comfort and support from others.

Mike

Comment

Also, it would be good as an expression of support to someone in a debate, if they have said something very personal, and are afraid of being criticized. The hug would help let know its not personal.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

OK, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is I finally got around to this.

The bad news is I can't get it to work. Going to have to talk to Raps.
                      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                        The good news is I finally got around to this.
                        WooHOO!!

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                        The bad news is I can't get it to work.
                        D'OH!!

Mike

Comment

I finally heard back from Raps. This one's going to have to wait until we move to the new server.

Comment

Thanks Mike! (And Raps!)

I think we'll get by until then!

Mike

Comment

I believe you can still use any smiley from CS by inserting it as an image; you'd have to go there first and copy its URL, but that's not so bad for something that would be rarely used, and if there's one you use often you could always save the address someplace for reuse.
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X