age limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• age limit

only for here because the more i read the more i see threads where it derails to immaturity and off forum insults because people aren't mature.
    However the actual age limit and how to do it is beyond me as i know there are ways around it, lying about birthdays and putting in fake days but the poster's maturity is also evident.
    And then the question about holding all members to it new and old.
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Has it really been happening that often, and, even if there were a ready way to ensure people didn't just lie about their age, what's to stop those who are not young, but simply immature?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by LexiaFira View Post
      only for here because the more i read the more i see threads where it derails to immaturity and off forum insults because people aren't mature.
      However the actual age limit and how to do it is beyond me as i know there are ways around it, lying about birthdays and putting in fake days but the poster's maturity is also evident.
      And then the question about holding all members to it new and old.
      Since the majority of the posters are older than me and I'm 22, I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. I've been on CS since I was nearly 16. Fratching since I was 19. As far as I know, there are no regular posters younger than 18.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I'd think that the CS crowd of all people would understand that minors are often amazingly mature and people who should be by far old enough to know better can act like horrid little children.

Besides, like you said, they'll just lie anyway.

Comment

If you are seeing threads being derailed by immaturity and insults, please report them. That is the method we've chosen to deal with such problems. We have no plans to set a minimum age for membership at this time.

I am aware of only one instance of "off forum insults", so I'm a bit disturbed by your reference to this behavior in the plural. If you know something we don't, please send a PM to one of the moderators.

Comment

I don't even remember ever stating an age limit was required. This server isn't in the US and therefore not subject to COPPA, so I don't turn it on on any of the forums I run.

Other than that, what Boozy said.

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

it was a wayward thought anyways. having rethought this...it sounds silly now.
              Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
              Yeah we're so over, over
              Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Working...
              X