No announcement yet.

Rowan Clerk refuses Same Sex Marriage License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... to continue highlighting the hypocrisy here...

She had twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband, but adopted by her second.

So adultery is on the list now too!

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slo...from-kim-davis
    I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      If you refuse to do your job, you don't deserve your job.
      This.

I might actually have some respect for her if she resigned, stating that her beliefs no longer allowed her to do her job. But apparently she wants to be able to not do her job, and still collect a paycheck.
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

There are two things here that, for me, stand out

1. The general doctrine of Separation of Church and State. Yes yes I know that is a US Constitution thing but the general principle is spread out over society (yeah I also know it is ignored on a regular basis)

2. The general thinking of Freedom FROM Religion that seems to be gaining momentum lately. WHY is it that I have to have some religion shoved down my throat by some person BUT if I try to do the same (even IF it is not really a religious belief_) they claim harassment and discrimination?????? Persecution complex anyone???? Anyone???? Bueller??? Bueller???
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

And she's in jail now:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...tempt_of_court
          I has a blog!

Comment

Wow I did not see jail happening, She must of really pissed off the judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
              So... to continue highlighting the hypocrisy here...

She had twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband, but adopted by her second.

So adultery is on the list now too!

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slo...from-kim-davis
              Again, this happened as I understand it before she went majorly religious. It's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

Rapscallion
              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post

Again, this happened as I understand it before she went majorly religious. It's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

Rapscallion
                I'd argue it is. Not only does it reveal a hypocrisy that boggles the mind and hurts her credibility (especially since none of her side acknowledges it), it also reveals how truly unChristian she is. Again, undermining her position.
                I has a blog!

Comment

No, you see, she REPENTED! It means that all of that means NOTHING NOW!

/sarcasm

Comment

Now her son Nathan Davis is joining her on Hypocrisy Hill and refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses. Pity it doesn't look like he'll get hit with contempt charges.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kim-...her-is-jailed/

I love this part:

[Nathan] said the Christian law firm Liberty Counsel had advised the office to continue denying licenses to same-sex couples.
                    Oh look a law firm advising a client to break the law. I hope they get sanctioned and/or sued.
                    Customer: I need an Apache.
                    Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

And as expected the GOP Presidential Candidates are weighting in- most howling about "religious freedom"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...erk/ar-AAdVzgR

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ken...Uq1U?li=AA54ur
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

it should be noted that the judge gave Kim Davis another option- to allow her deputies to issue the licenses instead of her- but she again refused. At this pont, she simply does not want to perform the duties of her job- so, I hope when the legislature reconvenes next, she will be impeached.

Comment

And the couples finally got their licenses:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...nty/?tid=sm_fb
                          I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                            I'd argue it is. Not only does it reveal a hypocrisy that boggles the mind and hurts her credibility (especially since none of her side acknowledges it), it also reveals how truly unChristian she is. Again, undermining her position.
                            I don't have a full timeline, but I seem to recall that she repented of all her 'sins' and was born again, and is therefore an innocent.

Doesn't mean she's not an unpleasant person for forcing others to follow her religion.

Rapscallion
                            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post

I don't have a full timeline, but I seem to recall that she repented of all her 'sins' and was born again, and is therefore an innocent.

Doesn't mean she's not an unpleasant person for forcing others to follow her religion.

Rapscallion
                              See, this is where we start seeing how her argument fails. Because not all Christian groups teach that same dogma.
                              I has a blog!

Comment

Her lawyer just Godwin'd the case:

Citing attorney-client privilege, Staver, the founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, who has likened acceptance of the Supreme Court’s gay marriage decision to turning over a Jew to the Nazis, refused to say what advice he gave Davis, who was jailed Thursday for contempt of court.
                                Yes, totally the same thing. You twunt.

Staver compared his client, without apparent irony, to “people who today we admire, like Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Jan Huss, John Bunyan, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and more.”
                                Argh. >.>

Comment

Working...
                                X