Bless the Harts, Seriously Hollywood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bless the Harts, Seriously Hollywood?

Spoilers for the latest Bless the Harts episode.

Here's the thing as a minimum wage employee I don't get to have politics at work. I show up and I cash people out I sell the things the company wants me to sell and then I go home. In my off hours then I could talk about any political issue I wanted.

The show is trying to chastise a fictional waitress for using a divisive political issue that people are already bringing up to increase her tips. When you work in a customer facing capacity you're an Actor. You will be whatever the customer wants you to be.

Seriously I've seen people walk into a place I was working wearing everything from rival sports teams to rival politicians. I'm not being a hypocrite when I don't take a stand or I agree with someone comment they made that I don't really agree with.

Hell actors do it all the time. Ray Liotta thought the real man his Goodfella's character was based was trash but he still played him and no one's calling him a hypocrite for playing a role.

In most service jobs you're playing a part. You're the extra in someone else's life for the moment they are in your place of business. Politics and personal beliefs have no place in a business.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
    Politics and personal beliefs have no place in a business.
    If that's true, why do so many people want to know the political affiliations of corporations?

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
      If that's true, why do so many people want to know the political affiliations of corporations?
      Because currently it's legal for Corporations to buy elections. I'm talking individual people. I'm not talking Big ,Inc International. I'm talking about the accountant in the pool of accountants on the 20th floor.

This topic is about the individual people. The episode was about how you should shove your politics into your personal job.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Working...
      X